Fun trip to Illinois

Galen

So this weekend I got to hunt with an experienced coyote hunter out in Illinois and I Hope I can take a little from his methods and apply them to my style of hunting here in Ohio
On this trip we killed 9 coyotes

We topped my solo trip from last year by 1 coyote!

I might have to find a nice neighborhood and settle down lol

2552.jpg

2551.jpg

Anytime you can learn some new tricks it definitely helps shorten the learning curve but I think you have it figured out !

Congrats on a very successful hunt !!!

Yep I heard Joe had a good night with you guys the other night. One of my buddies is hunting with him this Friday night. You guys must have hit a good night I heard things were pretty slow and they were only killing one a night or so lately.

Originally Posted By: GalenYes nothing but good to say about Joe,
Top notch guy and he knows how to get on em!

I've never heard a bad thing about him or his operation. It's been pretty slow around here with alot of no dog or 1 dog night up until about 2 weeks ago. My partner and I are killing 3-5 a night in the last several hunts. It seems like pur success and his are mirroring each other night to night as far as if they are responding or not.

Originally Posted By: 243kimber What is your equipment list plz? Tripod, rifle mount rail, scope, load, distance of shots. Big congrats from IL!

I was running a .243 with a feisol tripod with a RRS leveling head, pulsar XP50, 70 grain Nosler BT from night ops ammo
Most shots were within 160 but I made several 200+ and one was around 320

Back