Back to the ROK tomorrow

pahntr760

Tomorrow I start my journey back the Korea, Osan AB, for another unaccompanied tour there. 12 months on the peninsula working F-16s again.

I am excited for a change. The B-ONE is a real PITA to work and the pace of work is feast or famine type that is a bit taxing.

It'll be a trying time, being away from the family for the whole time (save 30 days for "mid-tour") But I have a good wife that has BTDT before and I know she can handle it.

After Korea, we are slated to head to Eielson AFB, AK...that's the one bright side of this while thing id the Follow-on assignment preference for a remote tour. Eielson isn't an expeditionary base and I should be able to relax for the last few years of my career because of that.

Anyways, some good thoughts or words of encouragement couldn't hurt...and I appreciate them all. I'll keep you up to date on the travels.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Thanks for your service, Shane, be safe and Godspeed.

Regards,
Clarence

Couldn't have said it better myself. Keep the birds in the air and the bad guys face down in the dirt.

Lance

Back