Coyote 53

Snowshoes

Arrived home late yesterday afternoon and after a too long absence from hunting, I was looking forward to getting out this morning.
The accumulations of snow had tripled since my last outing which would limit where I could go.
With a spot in mind, I following a plowed trail a quarter mile to a fence line overlooking the creek valley. After finding a good spot to call from, I flood the valley with distress cries from a bite call. The second series produces a coyote who is making its way up the same fence.
A rock pile along the fence causes me to loose sight of the coyote for a bit but its not long before its standing ontop that rock pile. Crosshairs placed on the chest and down goes coyote #53. ( 223 AI @ 93 yards)

thumbup1.gif
nice !

Thank you all for the comments!
smile.gif

I hoped to get out this morning but the nasty weather had different ideas about that!

I tried to call over the weekend. Saturday my son & I walked into and old barn that the farmer said he seen a coyote by when he was plowing a road into the place. The road has blown in by the day after he had plowed. We got through it without getting stuck. Walked in by barn through knee deep show. Set up and called. No luck on that coyote. We thought the coyote might be setting up residence at the barn. I guess we were wrong. Tried another spot the next day and a blizzard came in and we barely made it home. All a person can do is try. Congrats on your coyote, fur still looks nice. Rudy

Originally Posted By: .204DanI like the frost on the face, its been terribly cold these last 2 weeks so its been tough hunting
I see it's to go down to -32C (-26F) with a wind-chill of -40C (-40F) again tonight. *Sigh*

Originally Posted By: rudymontanaI tried to call over the weekend. Saturday my son & I walked into and old barn that the farmer said he seen a coyote by when he was plowing a road into the place. The road has blown in by the day after he had plowed. We got through it without getting stuck. Walked in by barn through knee deep show. Set up and called. No luck on that coyote. We thought the coyote might be setting up residence at the barn. I guess we were wrong. Tried another spot the next day and a blizzard came in and we barely made it home. All a person can do is try. Congrats on your coyote, fur still looks nice. Rudy
I can relate, I was walking through knee deep snow to get to my hunting spot this morning. The recent snows sure have limited the spots a guy can get to.

Snowshoes well done and thanks for the motivation! I'm facing a similar environment and getting the gumption to go is tough sometimes.

Back