Need a 1” scope mount...suggestions?

Dultimatpredator

I don’t want to spend an arm and a leg this time. I have a larue lt104 on my pof p415. Don’t want to spend that kind of money again.

It seems like the Burris pepr is the way to go? My gun already weighs a ton so I don’t care about the couple more oz. the pepr weighs compared to similar. It seems the stationary mount is the one to go with. I wanted a QD model but it seems they have bad reviews and not keeping a true return to zero. Any other good solid mounts to suggest? It’s going on a 243 ar stoner 22” target barreled upper and a Nikon pro staff 5 3.5x14 40 mm bdc.

Last edited:
SWFA SS mount. Looks like a Burris but quite a bit cheaper. I like that they have bushings to go from 1" to 30 mm.

Last edited:
I have 3, 2-30mm and and one 34mm. No problems so far. Doesn't mean voodoo can't happen though. Armalight mounts are solid and just as cheap, just heavier.

I went through two ArmaLite mounts and almost gave up. ArmaLite sent them to me with screws cross threaded and only half way screwed into their mounts. Three times is a charm with them apparently a s the third was fine but all scratched up like it was used. They told me they this year they changing and getting their Chinese rebranded, imported mounts from another manufacturer. ArmaLite said they do not inspect their mounts and ship them out when imported and apparently is why mine were sent the way they were. I ran a chaser down the holes and found they weren’t tapped to the screw lengths after armalight said to toss them. I drilled down with a drill bit and retapped them and gave them away. The best price I can find on the Burris permanent base is $73 shipped so far.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DultimatpredatorI like the looks of it but it looks like a pretty weak design. I’ve heard if a lot of them braking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qjn1Aq-l9g Seeing how they sell thousands of mounts, and I only counted 3 claims of broken mounts at that link which is several years old and have never heard of any other reports of Aero mounts breaking, I'm not sure that qualifies as "a lot of them braking".

Stuff happens, but more than likely they were over torqued.

Originally Posted By: BillfromHighlandHave PEPRs on half a dozen ARs with zero issues and just put another on a 338 LM. Wouldn't hesitate on another when the time comes.

+1. PEPRs are a good value.

I have PEPRs and Aero. Aero is lighter but a bit of a pita to get crosshairs perfectly level as scope rotates when you tighten up. I will probably stick with the Vurris on next build.

SWFA's, one I painted.

ISBoJk.jpg

I had a "Green Blob outdoors" mount, it looked a lot like the SWFA but had rails on top of the rings, I gave it to someone and it worked for me and him.

Last edited:
I’ve seen all of cheap “knock off” Burris pepr and SWFA mounts on eBay for $12 to $16 dollars. I would assume they are a lot softer metals used in the knock offs?

Last edited:
I have all Burris PEPR mounts, 1" and 30mm. Simple, solid and I haven't had any issues with them.

Haven't used the others so no opinion.

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrI have a Rock River mount and like it. About $60.00.

Yep. Nice and solid, and US made. Heavy though.

Back