Fox pro Patriot problem

desertcj

Let me start out by saying I'm not entirely sure that there is really a problem yet, but I was having some trouble. It's a couple months old and I've only used it 3 or 4 days. I added a fox jack 5 and everything was working fine. Then I wanted more volume and I added a sp-60 to the mix. If I turned the volume up over 14 or so, the call would cut out and make white noise? Sometimes it would just shut off.

Now I'm thinking that it's just draining the batteries quickly. After the first time it happened, I swapped out the batteries with some that my buddy had. He said they were new, but they were generic cheapie. Anyone else seen this? Other than just using some premium AAs, are there any other battery options? Thanks

Originally Posted By: desertcj Now I'm thinking that it's just draining the batteries quickly. After the first time it happened, I swapped out the batteries with some that my buddy had. He said they were new, but they were generic cheapie. Anyone else seen this? Other than just using some premium AAs, are there any other battery options? Thanks

think you got it right.

that caller only uses 4 batteries and that is not going to run a big aux speaker for very long. some high mah rechargeable batteries might help, but probably not much at all.

Does anyone know how many volts the patriot runs on? 6v? Has anyone used or put together an external battery pack? Replacing AA's after every stand doesn't sound like a viable option here...lol

I'm going to put 4 fresh batteries in and see what happens. I'm also going to measure the voltage and then see if I can put together a battery pack that's going to last. I'm hoping to get at least 1 full day of use. Not 8 hours of run time but 4hrs would be nice.

FYI, I measured the battery voltage at 5.5v. So ya....pretty drained. Fresh Duracells measured 6.5v. I'm debating between 6v RC car batteries or 7.2v. I'm planning on wiring a few in parallel to bump up the mah rating significantly!

I'm really surprised that Foxpro designed this situation...lol. Seriously....what the heck man?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crapshootThat's like expecting s Hyundai accent to compete with the cars a Le Mans.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that or what exactly your referring to?

LeMans is a 24 hour race where the big boys play. AMG, Ferrari, lamborghini, Porsche, etc.

The patriot is a smaller entry level type unit that is limited by battery power, amplifier, processor etc. and you're wanting top of the line performance out of it.
Patriot = Hyundai accent

Shockwave, cs24 etc. = LeMans amg,Lamborghini, porche, Ferrari

Comprende?

Wow. I'm guessing that you own a "Ferrari"? All I did was buy and try to use the add-on accessories that the Patriot was allegedly designed to handle. I mean, I understand what's going on, but it's almost laughable that Foxpro doesn't even offer a battery option that is capable of running the accessories they claim it can handle! No worries, I'm working on a solution...

I think that you are expecting too much from the Patriot.
In my experience a decoy cuts the life by half, two speakers cuts the life by half, the combination of the two is just asking for too much performance out of the 4 AA powered entry level Patriot.
You might want to look at upgrading to a more powerful model. Maybe you can rig some kind of battery pack that will power it but Foxpro has other call options that will do what you want to do without any engineering on your part.

Last edited:
I'll post pics when I get it upgraded. The batteries won't be self contained obviously, but I don't really care. I just want the thing to work.

desertcj I think FoxPro has external battery packs for all there e-callers but if you can put something together that'll work that's good, but you my want to look at warranty if your call is still under it.

I looked and I didnt see anything that was compatible with the Patriot? There's nothing wrong with anything I have. 4 AA batteries just aren't going to power it long enough to actually use it.

Just waiting on an adapter and a cigarette lighter charger. A little camo tape and it should be good to go
thumbup.gif

[img:center]
2549.png
[/img]

[img:center]
2550.png
[/img]

Last edited:
That will probably help with run time but does the amplifier put out enough power to drive the aux speaker at higher volumes with good clarity?

Originally Posted By: crapshootThat will probably help with run time but does the amplifier put out enough power to drive the aux speaker at higher volumes with good clarity?

I don't know yet. Hopefully? Why would foxpro put an aux jack for an external speaker if it won't run one? It does work but I don't have anything to compare it to. I'm sure it's not as good as it could be.

Back