Introduction and Vintage Minaska - Help!

Major

First and foremost, I'm a first time poster and I want to thank Redfrog for assisting me in accessing this forum. If not for his help, I'd still be floundering in cyberspace.

I'm 57 years old and have been retired for 7 years now which, allows me plenty of opportunities to predator hunt. This extra time however has not led to my being very successful. I could definitely use some guidance from those that hunt coyotes in the east.

Finally, I have an older Minaska Bandit in excellent shape and it works great! However, the original programming software was lost to a computer which crashed and burned. Can anyone assist me in obtaining the original program or advise me of another manner in which to download new sounds to the caller? I suppose a new caller would be in order but please bear in mind that I am retired. In other words, I have all the time in the world but only half the money! Well! That and the Harley eats up a lot of cash in optional chrome.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that very many callers use Minaska units. I think they have been a challenge since they started for some owners.

Welcome to Predator Masters and I'm sure if there is answers to your questions someone here will have them.

I'm on the road right now, but maybe I can help a little right now and more when I get my gear unpacked at my new home.

Minaska callers are one of the best callers made, the problem is when Flambeau marketed them with no support. It totally wrecked Minaskas reputation. I've been running True Minaska's since they came out and never had a problem with them or support from Minaska.

Minaska is still in business and were still making custom calls until a year or so ago. You might want to give them a call and see if they can help.

https://www.minaskaoutdoors.com/

All the sounds are on a sound card in the caller and you can down load them. I would just down load them and NOT make changes to the original sound card but do the changes on the program and upload them to a new card and keep the old original as is.

Last edited:
Back