I keep buying lowers...

Boomstick

When they are under $50, how can you not? I currently have two builds in progress that are only about halfway done, so why not a third? Time to find some ammo on sale.

I'm all for it also. Although at a certain number I think it's pointless since I can use 1 lower on 100 different uppers. That being said.......the more the merrier I always say!

There was a place locally going out of business that had Anderson lowers for $29, I bought 25 of them, don't know why, but it was impossible to walk away from that price. I probably would have bought more but I didn't want to put them on my card.

Kinda like good potato chips or popcorn....The lowers don't cost much, but by the time you finish them out it does add up!

Last edited:

I have all old Bushmaster's or RRA factory lowers.
I bought 2 spike lowers last year, They are nice.
I had turn one of my RRA's into an SBR.
I have a Plumb Crazy lower somewhere.

Lowers are a good investment. You can save them and let the Grandkids build a AR someday or sell them next time gun control becomes a hot topic. I have some for both purposes.

Any of guys with all these extra lowers want to sell? Or where are these smoking less than $50 lowers at so I can start a build fellas, help my wife be mad at me for another project lol!

Originally Posted By: lumpieAny of guys with all these extra lowers want to sell? Or where are these smoking less than $50 lowers at so I can start a build fellas, help my wife be mad at me for another project lol!

Buy them one part at a time lumpie. Spread out over time your wife will never know it. Around here the last 6 Anderson lowers I purchased were between 40-43 dollars out the door after tax, no transfer fee since they were in inventory. Also buying one part at a time gives you the opportunity to shop and think things over before you buy, you wind up with better builds that way.

Originally Posted By: MPFDThey will be worth their weight in gold if the Libtards keep going after guns.

Only if they allow preban grandfathering.

What if you end up having to register each lower and a tax to go with?

Bill Clinton tried to pass a bill to mandate Registering all firearms you own and a $50 tax to process the paperwork, on your income tax return!

I got out of the AR's in '87 when Ca tried to outlaw all semi auto's from 1911's, 22RF, and semi auto shotguns.

At what point the libs working in the BATF start considering a guy a "Firearms Manufacturer" I don't know, but it is a very serious issue.

The day after registering them is the day we all have boating accidents and lose them. Or, and I've been thinking of this lately. Have an 80% lower for every serialed lower you own. When they come to confiscate, give them the serialized lowers and put the parts on your 80%ers. After all, the receiver is considered the gun.

If you can't find the cheap ($40) lowers, watch gun.deals; They are on there quite regularly.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanWhat if you end up having to register each lower and a tax to go with?

Bill Clinton tried to pass a bill to mandate Registering all firearms you own and a $50 tax to process the paperwork, on your income tax return!

I got out of the AR's in '87 when Ca tried to outlaw all semi auto's from 1911's, 22RF, and semi auto shotguns.

At what point the libs working in the BATF start considering a guy a "Firearms Manufacturer" I don't know, but it is a very serious issue.

Assemblying AR's does not make you a manufacturer. The serialized lower you bought was made by the manufacturer. If you finished off a bunch of 80%ers that would make you a manufacturer.

If it comes to that point, the laws are moot. Complying would only make you a victim of a rogue government. Turning guns in would make us traiters to the United States Constitution and we would deserve whatever happens to us after that.

Originally Posted By: robjacobs

Assemblying AR's does not make you a manufacturer. The serialized lower you bought was made by the manufacturer. If you finished off a bunch of 80%ers that would make you a manufacturer.

If it comes to that point, the laws are moot. Complying would only make you a victim of a rogue government. Turning guns in would make us traiters to the United States Constitution and we would deserve whatever happens to us after that.

That depends. If you are assembling them and selling them, you are a manufacture or at least a dealer and need a license. Assembling for your own use is different. With the 80% lowers you cannot resell the gun.

Back