What caliber and brand of gun do all you coyote hunters use?

Remington M7 in 17rem with Berger 25gr. Target HP's at 3500fps was what I used on my last coyote. Working on getting a 17rem AR together and running for future kills.
iLlyspI.jpg

Savage 11 predator in 243 has really grown on me, it's got a vortex 4-12 on top but yet to get a dog with it.

I had a 20" hbar ar I built with a collapsing stock and a Vortex 3-9-40 with V-brite reticle and really regret selling that one, shooting 50gr vmaxes I had a lot of luck and it was my go to for sure. Near perfect all around rifle and I loved the Vbrite reticle

Springfield 840 .222 Wearing a Denver Redfield 3-9 or the Springfield 840 30-30 shooting 110 Hornady and wearing an El Passo Weaver 2-7V. Not pricey rigs, but effective.

In the thick stuff, which is most of the time, a Mossberg 930 with a red dot. In crappy wet weather my Ruger Red Label. When in more open hardwoods my Sako 222 with a 2x7 Leupold. When just out exploring new areas, my Marlin 1894 357, again with a red dot. Sometimes just grab a deer rifle for a change.I'm waiting for Krieghoff to get the bugs out of the 222 insert in my Drilling, that will be my go to I think.

Remington 700 220 Swift, and a Benelli Nova. And when I take someone out and wanna just sit back with the call, I will carry in my Savage 22 Hornet, for them sneaky down wind ones that need a special little head poke.

Browning 12 gauge with Dead Coyote Choke, Ruger PCC (fun to shoot) and CZ 527 in 223 with Weaver K-6. Would like to get good enough to use a 45 :)

Nice yote ARCOREY. Love the Model 7s. Thinking about picking another one up in either 223 or 22-250 for my night hunting activities.

Semi custom remington 700 chambered in 20 tactical pushing the 39gr blitzkings at 3800fps. Just picked up a 35gr Berger’s to try in it. Hoping for 3850-4000fps. Also use a custom 260 rem pushing the 140hvld’s, have a full custom 6mm creed on its way from the smith for those longer pokes.

Originally Posted By: Burnsome...Nice yote ARCOREY. Love the Model 7s. Thinking about picking another one up in either 223 or 22-250 for my night hunting activities.

Thanks! I too love the M7’s. I have the 17rem and 7mm08. Both stock tack drivers with tuned factory triggers. I didn’t realize how rare the little 17 was until I started looking around for another.

.223 savage mod 16 lightweight stainless in a Boyd’s classic topped with vortex hs 2.5-10x44
.204R browning a bolt medallion topped with leupy vx3i 3.5-10x40

Those are my main coyote rifles. I haven’t night hunted before but am dying to get into it. What do y’all think of sniper hawg lights?

Here in Iowa we can’t use lights at night so I just purchased a thermal scope. I’m dying to get out but the weather is going to be terrible this weekend.

My "coyote" guns are my Tikka T3SL in 223...
uGD9vqs.jpg

and one of these...

Ruger NMFT 45Colt...
GTope4t.jpg

or

G21SF RTF2 45ACP...
VV6bZAG.jpg

My dedicated Bobcat/Fox gun is my 17 Hornet...
pR8cMyU.jpg

Back