How many people got an email from SilencerCo.

crapshoot

Just wondering how many people received an email from SilencerCo. stating they won a new can but they were late getting them out. I'll copy and paste it here.

Quote: As a suppressor manufacturer, we thrive on setting the standard for quality and innovation, as well as excellent customer service. We have failed to deliver your free suppressor from the SilencerCo Summer Promotion in a timely manner, we apologize. The rebate submissions far exceeded our expectations.

We appreciate your patience and the opportunity to correct this situation for you. Please be assured that you will receive your free suppressor by the 29th of June 2019. We are committed to shipping your suppressor out as quickly and efficiently as possible, but most importantly providing you with a top-quality product. In order to keep this commitment to you, we increased our production and remain focused on quality.

We will provide regular updates on the status of your suppressor. In addition to the updates, we will send an email to you with a tracking number when your suppressor ships. Once the product arrives, it will be the dealer's responsibility to contact you and start the tax stamp process.

We consider ourselves incredibly fortunate to have so many loyal customers. We want to thank you again for your patience regarding the summer promotion and your continued support of our products.

If you have any questions, please contact our customer service department at (801) 417-5384 or email us at info@silencerco.com.

I am one that got that email and frankly, I have reason not to believe it. I've had three different delivery periods promised me since I got approval of my participation in their promotion. Each time I ask them, they move the date out citing the same mantra of being overwhelmed by the demand. In the same time frame I have seen that model offered for sale and in stock at SS. Their credibility is questionable at best. If they do deliver by June, that's a year since they offered the promotion. Makes me wonder how much they really are working on the production. It sure doesn't seem to me to be one of their priorities in spite of what they say. Considering this situation, I could not recommend buying one of their suppressors. Who knows when you would get it.

They seem to be a very confused company. They don't even know who they promised suppressors to in their promotion in June, 2018. I was drawn in by their promise of a free Octane 45 with the purchase of an Omega 300. I bought the Omega and it was delivered to the class three dealer, but the Octane 45 I was supposed to get is in the vapor somewhere. After hearing what that they wrote you Crapshoot, I have very little confidence in seeing the Octane. I wouldn't have bought the Omega without the promotion. It's been 7 months since the tax stamp check was cashed on it and I might get it someday, but the Octane doesn't sound likely now. I wish I had spent my money on another brand. I have a Varminter 4.0 waiting for clearance for 8 and a half months now. I should have bought another one of those.

SiCo customer service and any promos are BS. Ive stuck with SWR/SiCo since 08 but done with them now. Dead air looks to be the company I use now. Dealt with Mike, when he worked at SiCo, and got along fine. Not going to hold my breath on my BOGO can.

After receiving this weirdly worded email I now believe this is a company to steer completely away from.
Usually companies send adds and guys share the good deals. Are they so ignorant they think we won't share bogus scams.
Looks like zero integrity any way I slice it but any diplomatic response from them could be entertaining.
Think I may send this to a couple vendors where I've done business.

They sent it out in response to the free cans for purchases made. It only applies to those who bought cans on the special they had. I think they just sent it out to all emails they had. It is a legitimate email, it just does not apply to all that received it.

Originally Posted By: reb8600They sent it out in response to the free cans for purchases made. It only applies to those who bought cans on the special they had. I think they just sent it out to all emails they had. It is a legitimate email, it just does not apply to all that received it.

Don't you think that would be pertinent information that should have been included in the email?

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: reb8600They sent it out in response to the free cans for purchases made. It only applies to those who bought cans on the special they had. I think they just sent it out to all emails they had. It is a legitimate email, it just does not apply to all that received it.

Don't you think that would be pertinent information that should have been included in the email?

it is entirely possible that someone made a bonehead oops-clicky and sent it to the wrong email list and/or mailing list group on their mass-mailer software site.

i cant say for sure one way or the other, but looking at the header of the email leads me to believe this is probably the case

Apyo6f3aTReyuFPRRJQsvg.png

I actually called and talked to someone after I received that email and she said it accidentally got sent to everyone and to disregard it I hadn't bought a suppressor last year.

I will add that a couple of years ago I needed their customer service and it was outstanding, I thought above and beyond to repair a baffle struck suppressor and have it back to me in less than two weeks and completely free other than shipping. I wouldn't have an issue buying from them again, but not sure if something has changed. I kind of figure a lot of companies were overwhelmed before 41f went into effect, then abandoned after.

Their customer service is outstanding. I had a baffle strike last year that was my fault. I was expecting to pay but they fixed it free of charge and had it back to me within two weeks. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. In fact, I just did.

Last edited:
Update
Quote: Good morning Lance,

Thank you for your email, and question. The email that was sent out, was sent to everyone in our contacts, to ensure at this later date, that we have not missed anyone that did actually participate in the promotion last year. We began that promotion with an expectation that we would receive around 3000-4000 submissions, and first announced a four month lead time. However, before the promotion was over, we received over 13,000 submissions. This placed us well outside of our anticipated four month turnaround, and gave many errors in all of our computer systems such as where these submissions where done. As a result we have gone through quite a few spells of being swapped with inbound calls and emails, that get us backed up far outside what our long time customers have grown to expect. We sent that email out, and will continue to update all of our customers via social media until this promotion is truly wrapped up on our end. This message was done to place those thousands of customers minds at a little ease, when it has taken us much longer to fulfill our Free suppressor promotion than we ever anticipated. As we do not have any employees in our CS department with a login, would you be so kind as to share this information with those on the Forum with you.

Thank you, have a great day!

I used to have a friend that used to say to people "I think you're an A-hole" Then immediately say "Just kidding" so he could say what he wanted and excuse it away by acting like it was a joke.

They may have good customer service for people who have their suppressors and I'm happy for those folks. My only experience with them so far is failed promises. They've promised delivery of the promo suppressors on four different timelines now. The first three were missed. We'll see how they do with this last "promise". I do NOT expect them to live up to it. Too many misses. My experience has not been good. They can talk a good story but they don't seem to be able to live up to it.

Thought I might point out that SilencerCo. still hasn't honored their promotion. Now they won't even answer emails regarding it.

In June of last year SilencerCo offered a free Octane 45 with each purchase of an Omega 300 and some others that I can't recall. I believe the promotion was for a given purchase level that the Omega satisfied. I bought the Omega, provided the data that they required and got confirmation that I had satisfied the requirements of the application. They accepted it and I have a copy of that. That is the only thing I've got from them. I've heard a lot of promises from that company regarding that promotion, but there has been no substance to any of it. I don't know anyone that has actually received an Octane 45 suppressor as a result of that promotion. They published an email to a list of customers and inadvertantly included people that had not participated in the promotion. That is the reason this thread was started. They may have good intentions of fulfilling their promotional promise, but so far, their intentions have not borne fruit. If I had it to do over again, I would never have bought anything from them.

Over promise and under deliver, hurts a lot of companies. Had a similar situation with a scope manufacturer. Got a promo deal on an optic, then the wait began. It might as well have been a suppressor with as long as it took to get it. They kept telling us that we had been shuffled to the back because "big" orders were coming in. Well, that shows what they think about "certain" customers. Doesn't make me want to come back.

Back