Finally making the big move

Pa130182

Moving out to Southern Idaho the first week of March and couldn't be more excited. Its been less than 4 months since our first trip out west to hunt and I'm already moving there lol. Looking forward to getting out of the crazy congested city and having more public land then I can hunt in a lifetime as well as salmon, steelhead and trout on the fly.

Your making me jealous. Hope you have a good life out there in Gods country. Dont forget to thank God for his beautiful creation. I'm stuck here in the deep snow and frigid cold and few predators but I still count my blessings, it helps keep me sane. My wife wont move.

Originally Posted By: Pa130182Moving out to Southern Idaho the first week of March and couldn't be more excited. Its been less than 4 months since our first trip out west to hunt and I'm already moving there lol. Looking forward to getting out of the crazy congested city and having more public land then I can hunt in a lifetime as well as salmon, steelhead and trout on the fly.

Congrats man. Visited out west myself and found myself 2 years later moving to Arizona from the eastern panhandle of WV. No regrets,not one. The regulated east coast nonsense stopped me from hunting for to long plus the lack of property getting scooped up for more housing non stop. Safe travels

TJ

Great to have you here!

Next month I will celebrate 20 years living in this wonderful state. Less than 10 miles from where I live right now I have seen and/or hunted mule deer, coyote, elk, pronghorn, rock chuck, ground squirrels and even spotted a few few bears. Low low crime (like keys in the ignitions, homes unlocked 24/7 sort of low crime) and wonderful motorcycle roads when not hunting or shooting. Not much of a fisherman right now but my wife got me a new rod a while back so may be using it before long.

It's long story but it was just a fluke thing that caused me to move here. It was the best fluke that ever happened to me.

You guys living in Idaho, what is the tax situation? I see that Idaho has a 7.4% top rate that starts at around $10k. And a 6% state sales tax, what are the county and local sales taxes on top of that? I think I also saw that the state assesses a property tax on equipment and such.
Am I missing something in relation to the overall tax bills?

Congratulations on the move. I am hoping to soon. Found a great piece of property in Idaho, but have to figure out if the taxes are what I think.

Originally Posted By: 6724You guys living in Idaho, what is the tax situation?

You know, I am not sure to tell you the truth. I mean, all state have taxes but how they assess them varies. For example, next door neighbor Oregon has no sales tax but they tax the crap out of everything else. I lived in Texas, Virginia and Tennessee before moving here and all in all I cannot tell much difference.

Back