FYI Grafs Data Breach

Zcustom

Just a heads up, I placed and order with Graf's about a month ago. I caught wind of Graf's either here or on another reloading site so I gave them a try. They sent out a notice last week there database was breached.

My phone lit up last night with CC alerts on charges all over the place. Unfortunate, not too happy with Graf's over this one.

I've been doing business with Graf's a long time and they've been a good company. One of the first to do something about high postage rates with there "Flat Rate" shipping. They also have a lot of stuff that is hard to find, 2 1/2" shotgun hulls and metric ammo like the 7x57R.

I try never to use a credit card on line or at a gas station, using a debit card with a balance just enough to cover my purchases. We've had a rash of card readers installed on gas pumps where I've been the past few years.

In the past few years I've had to have my accounts closed twice and new accounts opened because of fraudulent use or stolen checks luckily no loss of money yet. I paid for my campsite at a state park with a check in the lock box at the entrance and someone wrapped a chain around it and ripped it out, actually not much different than hacking a company just kind of old school and a little more risk.

I try to cut online businesses some slack - especially the small to midsize operations. They're swimming in a sea of hackers and scam artists, and top of the line security for their computer systems doesn't come cheap. That's why I NEVER use my debit card for anything other than local retail purchases. I use my Discover card for gas, hotels, and all online purchases. As a result, my debit card info has never been compromised. However, my Discover account has been compromised several times but, (fortunately) customer service has been extremely helpful in resolving the issue every single time. By law, they cannot hold you responsible for fraudulent charges, but they do go out of their way to notify you of suspicious activity and, if there is fraudulent activity, they set you up with a new account and send you a new card next day.

In this day and age, credit card fraud is a common nuisance that we're all going to have to live with. Its the new-age replacement for pickpockets and con-men. All we can do is be vigilant and pick a credit card service that will take care of their customers.

Quote:Discover account has been compromised several times but, (fortunately) customer service has been extremely helpful in resolving the issue every single time.

I keep a Discover card with low credit limit for use on line and have found their CS extremely helpful as well.

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Back