Pulsar QD mount questions

P&Y

I read a review on the Pulsar QD mount where they were using it to scan with their scope and then attach it to the rifle for the shot.

Wondering if anyone is actually doing this or has tested the QD's repeatability as far as accuracy goes. I'm guessing not, sounds too good to be true but am curious as other equipment issues have kept me from testing it myself. Thanks

Its been tested by several people. It returns just about as well as any other mount given the simplicity of the reattachment process

Heres just one review i found in a 7 second search on youtube.

Originally Posted By: P&YThanks Cowboy, I would like to hear from members here though.
you just did. I told you it returns about as good as to be considered for what it is. If you're really that paranoid over it, go shoot a 3 shot group, unmount it and then reattach it and shoot another 3 shot group and you will have first hand experience at what's already been proven over and over. The Pulsar QD mount has been out for years and sees use daily on my gun. It works fine. It's no zero delta but it doesn't cost zero delta price either.

Last edited:
While using a Pulsar scope I was using the Dloc ZroDelta mount. Mine isn't a great test case because of the POI issues I had that were temp related and not mount related. The Dloc is well respected as one of the best options for return to zero but I can't say for sure due to the other issues.

I know some people scan and remount to shoot, but to me there is so much advantage to using a stand alone scanner. I also have a American Defense QD mount (standard) on my Flir. I recently removed the scope to put my glass scope to test some new loads and then put the thermal back on and it was exactly where it I left it. Zero adjustment needed.

Originally Posted By: KirschWhile using a Pulsar scope I was using the Dloc ZroDelta mount. Mine isn't a great test case because of the POI issues I had that were temp related and not mount related. The Dloc is well respected as one of the best options for return to zero but I can't say for sure due to the other issues.

I know some people scan and remount to shoot, but to me there is so much advantage to using a stand alone scanner. I also have a American Defense QD mount (standard) on my Flir. I recently removed the scope to put my glass scope to test some new loads and then put the thermal back on and it was exactly where it I left it. Zero adjustment needed. i completely agree. I was so furious when while on a hunt i had a coyote come charging in leaving me no time to reattach the scope. Sadly i missed my opportunity on him.

Originally Posted By: Cowboy43Originally Posted By: P&YThanks Cowboy, I would like to hear from members here though.
you just did. I told you it returns about as good as to be considered for what it is. If you're really that paranoid over it, go shoot a 3 shot group, unmount it and then reattach it and shoot another 3 shot group and you will have first hand experience at what's already been proven over and over. The Pulsar QD mount has been out for years and sees use daily on my gun. It works fine. It's no zero delta but it doesn't cost zero delta price either.

I was curious to hear other hunters experiences and opinions. Was looking for a bit more insight than "about as good as to be considered for what it is".

I can't go test my scope right now, it's on its way back to Pulsar. I'm also stuck pulling less than ideal shifts.

All that aside I still couldn't test it in numerous field conditions like others have.

Apparently I annoyed you with the question which was not my intention.

Perhaps I'm too slow, but I know that in the heat of coyotes charging in to the call that I would not be able to go from scanning to attach any QD mount and shoot. I can see where it would work pretty well in hog hunting where you scan a field and then stalk up on the pigs.

I believe the Pulsar QD mount came out about the time the Trail models hit the market or close to two years ago.

Originally Posted By: P&YOriginally Posted By: Cowboy43Originally Posted By: P&YThanks Cowboy, I would like to hear from members here though.

I was curious to hear other hunters experiences and opinions. Was looking for a bit more insight than "about as good as to be considered for what it is".

I can't go test my scope right now, it's on its way back to Pulsar. I'm also stuck pulling less than ideal shifts.

All that aside I still couldn't test it in numerous field conditions like others have.

Apparently I annoyed you with the question which was not my intention. im not annoyed at you more annoyed at seeing that same question being asked for years now. The video link i posted is prob one of the most comprehensive test done and really not much more needs to be done or said.

Originally Posted By: P&YOriginally Posted By: Cowboy43Originally Posted By: P&YThanks Cowboy, I would like to hear from members here though.

Apparently I annoyed you with the question which was not my intention. im not annoyed at you more annoyed at seeing that same question being asked for years now. The video link i posted is prob one of the most comprehensive test done and really not much more needs to be done or said. He did a great test on that topic.

Originally Posted By: Cowboy43Originally Posted By: P&YOriginally Posted By: Cowboy43Originally Posted By: P&YThanks Cowboy, I would like to hear from members here though.

Apparently I annoyed you with the question which was not my intention. im not annoyed at you more annoyed at seeing that same question being asked for years now. The video link i posted is prob one of the most comprehensive test done and really not much more needs to be done or said. He did a great test on that topic.

I get it. I answer the same old questions to rookies all the time and it gets old but things are always changing and people's mileage varies.

I also thought it was a very good review but in one environment by someone who may have a vested interest in the outcome.

More being said, like when you gave the example of one getting away, might not have needed to be said but was valuable to me.

In the future I will only try to post original questions. The question was not meant to annoy!

No biggie. A high percentage of the so called "return to zero" or QD mounts do a really good job of reattaching very close to zero. But truthfully nothing,regardless of quality or craftsmanship, is going to return dead freaking nuts back to where it was previously. So thats what i was getting at when stating "for what it is considered to be". It just amazes me how many times this question comes up regarding thermal scopes and their quick detach and or Return To Zero mounts. For some reason you hardly ever see anyone talking about this topic concerning day scopes. The reason is is because most people put their day scope on and leave it on there not constantly taking it on and off and expecting it to be exactly right back to where it was. But people do take them on and off for thermals to try to scan with them and then put them back on but as been previously mentioned it's not always the best idea although it is doable

Last edited:
Back