Son growing up!

7887mm08

Since my son was born (20 yrs ago) I supplied his first firearms.
A couple shotguns, 22rimfire, and a 308 bolt action rifle. I didn't buy junk but I bought the best that I could afford. I had a new in box rem 700 classic in 220 swift that I gave him for graduation of high school. Since then he has went to trade school and entered the work force. He came home last weekend with his first (bought by him) rifle. A tikka t3 22-250.
I think he did well.

My main deer rifle is a tikka t3 in 7mm08 that I bought the first time they became available. My son has tagged along with me on many hunts and we shot a lot of deer together. I bought him a tikka t3 in 308 for his first deer season. I have to assume that he knows what has worked and to stick with it.
At least that's my theory and im sticking with it.

My dad gave me a 22 SS rifle when I was 7 and a shotgun when I was 11, dad never owned anything other than a 16ga 870. He would borrow a neighbors 30-40 Krag for deer hunting, I never hunted with a rifle until I got back from the service dad and I hunted deer with a bow together for 12 yrs before we started to hunt with rifles together, by then my two sisters had married rifle hunters.

When I came home from being stationed in Taiwan I brought him a Rem 742 BDL Deluxe and a New Winchester 101 shotgun. He used the 101 for the rest of his life but when he got into his 80's the 742 was getting too heavy for him so I bought him a Win Model 70 Featherweight. We still have the Winchester and the 101.

A little turn around, dad was really good to me when I was young so decided he was too special to hunt with an ugly gun.

Originally Posted By: AWSMy dad gave me a 22 SS rifle when I was 7 and a shotgun when I was 11, dad never owned anything other than a 16ga 870. He would borrow a neighbors 30-40 Krag for deer hunting, I never hunted with a rifle until I got back from the service dad and I hunted deer with a bow together for 12 yrs before we started to hunt with rifles together, by then my two sisters had married rifle hunters.

When I came home from being stationed in Taiwan I brought him a Rem 742 BDL Deluxe and a New Winchester 101 shotgun. He used the 101 for the rest of his life but when he got into his 80's the 742 was getting too heavy for him so I bought him a Win Model 70 Featherweight. We still have the Winchester and the 101.

A little turn around, dad was really good to me when I was young so decided he was too special to hunt with an ugly gun.
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

Back