Building a new pig gun

Originally Posted By: FirehandI like the 6.8 and 120 sst

I agree. The big advantage of the 6.8 over the Grendel is if you reload you can push the 6.8 case harder than the 6.5 because of the 6.5's weaker bolt. AR Performance makes one of the faster barrels for the 6.8. I'm running a 120 sst 2650 in an 18in. ARP barrel now.

Based on the ones we've been shooting at night I'm thinking a 50 BMG if you want to anchoring them in place. But of those two if under 200 yrs then either will work about the same. If it's possible you might reach over 200 yrs then 6.5.

The 6.5 Grendel is the winner. I'm building 2 rifles, one for me and a combo B-day/father's Day present for my Dad. The pigs are taking over his hobby farm.
All the shots will be 100 meters average. And I just like the availablity of the Grendel ammo over the 6.8. My gunshop carries 123gr.
I'll let you know when I get them put together and how they do. Just checking trail cams and putting out a little bait, I've killed 6 pigs and 2 piglets, with one sow heavy with young. I'm bowling them over with a 223, a 6.5 maybe overkill.

Back