1st Cat!

Spidicus

Finally got my first bobcat! so hyped right now.
smile.gif

I had been out calling in very light snow and 27 degrees for about 3 hours and had not seen or heard a thing. I took a little snack break and decided id try two more stands. I got out of the truck and started walking up a slight embankment where I knew there was a nice valley on the other side that I could call.

I had my scanning headlight on and scanning as I walked.. and I saw eyes about 75 yards to my left. I could tell it was a cat right away by the way it moved. She kept walking closer to me and I had to walk closer to her so I could maintain visual as she was walking down into a wash between us. I gave her a lip smack sound and she stopped long enough for me to kneel down with my bi-pod and let her have it. I could see it was a good hit.

She weighs about 18 pounds. So happy to finally get this notch under my belt!

46208152835_9550a53ae9_b.jpg

Congratulations on your first Bobcat WTG-------------Pretty one Too Thanks for sharing
-------------------------svb

Last edited:
I will never forget my first cat. It was 1981 and 20 below zero f I had seen fresh tracks and had no response there so I went a mile down the valley the way she was going and walked in a half mile to the edge of a cedar swamp. after calling for 15 min. I was freezing and my lips were so froze I had to hold my lips around the call with my hand or the air would leak out around the call. I got up to leave and walked about 15 yards and chewed myself out for being such a wimp and knowing cats take their time coming in. I went back and sat down and after another 5 plus min. of calling there she came. I shot her with a 12 gauge shot gun. 25 1\2 lbs. I was on top of the world.

CONGRATS on your first bobcat. Well done on the lip squeak. The first one is a thrill as well as every one after, at least for me.

I spent many years of my life hoping for a bobcat, placing them at the top of my trophy list. I remember well my first one, called to within 20 yards of me with a Johnny Stewart rabbit sound. I took the cat with a shotgun. It was a small cat. Since then I have taken several more, the largest being 31 pounds, but the memories of the first one remains special.

Congratulations on your beautiful bobcat.

Congratulations on your first bobcat! How exciting to get your first one like that. A memory you will always have with you. Way to go and here’s to many more!

Back