What should I run when shooting without suppressor? Rem 22-250 5/8 24
Light varmint rifle.
1. Thread protector
2. Muzzle brake
3. Sound forwarder/comp
4. Tuner

First of all don't shoot without one
tt2.gif

If you use a brake your going to need ear pro. Sometimes you can get away without while hunting if you use a thread protector but you give up the recoil reduction effect of the brake. Linear comps are a bit better than a brake, but are more $.

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrFirst of all don't shoot without one
tt2.gif

X2

Once I have a rifle setup and dialed in to shoot suppressed, I next to never, shoot it unsuppressed, but the rare occurrence I do, it will always have a thread protector on it.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: crittr gittrFirst of all don't shoot without one
tt2.gif

X2

Once I have a rifle setup and dialed in to shoot suppressed, I next to never, shoot it unsuppressed, but the rare occurrence I do, it will always have a thread protector on it.

X3
Since I started buying cans 4 years ago I NEVER shoot any gun that I could suppress without a suppressor. I can't think of any reason I would want to?

My buddy and I are having matching barreled 22-250 built, he did not want to be on a trust. So he will only shoot suppressed when I am hunting with him. I ordered a couple thread protectors, I think when he actually shoots suppressed he may change his mind about a trust. He watched me shoot a pair of coyote today, they were layed up about 10' apart. Shot the first one (268 yards), the second one went about 20' and stood looking around. Walked about 10' and stopped again, that didn't work out well for her.

Back