300 RUM

Scalloper

After a long wait, I finally picked up my 700 rebarreled with a 27" Krieger in 300 RUM. If any of you load for the 300 do you have any preferences on dies, brass, and powder? I was hoping to get Lapua brass but it looks like it is not offered. I plan on shooting 210gr Berger VLD Hunting. Many recommend RE-25 and H1000

I have a 700 with a 26"Krieger 1-10 twist barrel. I use RCBS dies, I prefer Remington brass if I can find it. The RUM's are tough on primer pockets and the Remington brass seems to hold up better than others. At one time you couldn't find brass but now Norma, Nosler, and I think a few others are starting to make it.

I used to use Winchester LM primers but after having two of them blow and etch my bolt face I went to Federals and have had no more problems. I shoot 180gr.TTSX's and use Retumbo powder, a friend of mine has a very similar rifle and use's the same load data. I am going to try some Reloader 33 as soon as I find some, I've heard good things about it.

I’ve reloaded for a friends 300 RUM. Rcbs dies. Remington brass. 180gr Swift scirro II. CCI magnum primers with either h4831 or imr 7977.

Originally Posted By: ScalloperAfter a long wait, I finally picked up my 700 rebarreled with a 27" Krieger in 300 RUM. If any of you load for the 300 do you have any preferences on dies, brass, and powder? I was hoping to get Lapua brass but it looks like it is not offered. I plan on shooting 210gr Berger VLD Hunting. Many recommend RE-25 and H1000

I no longer have my 300 RUM. I do have some items if interested. I have:

RCBS Full length die set
Redding Micrometer seating die
I will sell them for $125 shipped. The Redding die is $135 alone on Midway.

I was using 87 ish grains of H1000, Fed 215 M, 210 Bergers.

Last edited:
Back