What hunting vehicle you guys use?

Spidicus

Just curious what hunting vehicles that you guys use.

I got an 04 Tacoma extended cab 4x4. Wonder if its time for a new rig for me. Those new fangled double cabs look nice the more and more gear I seem to amass for hunting stands. I.e. callers, 2 guns, friend's gun(s), shoot sticks/ tri-pod, coats, backpack, cooler/snacks. haha

Let me know what your drivin...or what you would like to be drivin on your all night predator hunts.

my chevy had 18 in rims and 265 tires. those wide tires are worthless in snow. I bought 17 inch rims and put 235 blizacs on and now I can push snow over the bumper. We have a generation who has no idea how much snow a four wheel drive can go through because of the big fat tires look cool stupidity. I was watching a hunting show taking place some where in Canada and they talked about how tough the snow conditions were and were shoveling out all the time. for pete sakes the snow wasn't even half way up the big fat worthless in the snow tires they had on. the narrower the tire the better. people in the fat tire club, and I mean 265 or bigger would not believe it unless they saw it how much snow I can plow through. I have a double cab 5.3 v8 the wheel base on a crew cab is to long for me making it almost impossible to turn around on tuff narrow roads. Thanks for giving me a chance to vent on the stupid fat tire craze!

I drive a 2010 Ford Van, posi-traction, 4 ton winch, tire chains, bunk, table, cupboards, gun locker, 100w solar panel, LED lights and a furnace. It pretty much gets me where I want to go and when I stop I have my home with me. I don't just go out for a hunt sometimes I go for months. and I have a nice warm bed, hot meals, I even have a battery powered hair clippers so I don't have bother finding a barber.

Originally Posted By: AWSI drive a 2010 Ford Van, posi-traction, 4 ton winch, tire chains, bunk, table, cupboards, gun locker, 100w solar panel, LED lights and a furnace. It pretty much gets me where I want to go and when I stop I have my home with me. I don't just go out for a hunt sometimes I go for months. and I have a nice warm bed, hot meals, I even have a battery powered hair clippers so I don't have bother finding a barber. now that sounds relaxing. makes me think I should abandon my narrow tires and the deep snow and head south west.

2014 4Runner. Overall I'm happy with it but might switch back to a Tacoma. I've debated picking up a 4 wheeler or side by side to help speed up time between stands and they would be easier to conceal when I make a stand.

Brian if you ever get a 4 wheeler stuck in snow they are real SOB to get out.I would stick with what you have.

Originally Posted By: AWSI drive a 2010 Ford Van, posi-traction, 4 ton winch, tire chains, bunk, table, cupboards, gun locker, 100w solar panel, LED lights and a furnace. It pretty much gets me where I want to go and when I stop I have my home with me. I don't just go out for a hunt sometimes I go for months. and I have a nice warm bed, hot meals, I even have a battery powered hair clippers so I don't have bother finding a barber.
That's the way to do it.

2013 Tundra Crew max. 3in leveling kit, Ranch Hand front bumper, and Running 265/70R18 BF KO. Very impressed with this Truck, goes thru a lot of snow. However, Gas mileage is terrible. Always Pulling a 2017 Polaris Ranger for getting into the farther pastures.

2013 Tundra crew cab or i just ride my 2018 Polaris Ranger with full cab and heat because most of the ranches i can hunt are within 10 miles of home

2017 Toyota Tacoma trd off road
[img:center][url='http://i.imgur.com/ngInxrZ' t=_self]
ngInxrZ.jpg'
[/url][/img]

I just moved to NM the van has been all over the north country, slap chains on posi and it can go through a lot of snow. I'm usually the guy out in the snow covered fast land passing everyone while towing my boat over the pass.

About the tires, In the old days when I ran a 74 Bronco on traplines through the winter in Northern MN 7.50x15 bias ply big lug tires got me through snow and mud like nothing else. Later on I made a set of crossbar chains from semi chains, chained up all four corners, pulled the doors and used it for a log skidder.

Last edited:
Depends on what I'm hunting. If I am just running coyotes we will do it in either my 2004 F250 or my partners 2018 Tacoma.

If I am after foxes and bobcats then we either use my Kawasaki Mule or my partner's Ranger.

Old, wore out, 2002 F150 Supercrew F150. 33" mud tires, Warn Winch, and a bed cover....just about perfect for beating about the sticks without having to worry about it.

Back