Kirsch - Hunting Videos

Kirsch

I've received some messages from fellow members asking where my hunting videos are from this year. Night Goggles will be using a lot of the footage for social media with the recent announcement of my ProStaff affiliation.

I was able to capture around 50% of my hunts this year. As part of this post, I have included a video of roughly 80 of those kill shots. To see full versions of the thermal videos, I will include a reply after each video is released with a link to the Night Goggles Facebook site. There will be some really neat videos showing side-by-side videos from a PTS233 and PTS536. I hope you enjoy watching this as much as I enjoyed the hunts.

Originally Posted By: ToroGreat videos. What caliber and bullet are you using? Thank you for the kind words. Beginning and end of video, 6WOA with 60 gr Sierra HPs. Most of rest of the video with DRTs was my 22-250 shooting 50 gr Berger hps

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Great stuff. Kirsch. Makes the few coyotes I get now and then look like child's play. I hunt a lot.

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: 6mm06
Great stuff. Kirsch. Makes the few coyotes I get now and then look like child's play. I hunt a lot.
In your AO I wouldn't want to be a coyote !!

Great season !!

Last edited:
Kirsh, the music is obviously added, but is the sound of the rifle added as well? I thought those FLIR units were no microphone. Some great video BTW.

Originally Posted By: stupidnewbieKirsh, the music is obviously added, but is the sound of the rifle added as well? I thought those FLIR units were no microphone. Some great video BTW. You are correct, the Flir PTS series records video but no audio. The end of the video shows some ATN XSight II daytime footage. The ATN Xsight II records sound. I have saved the sound from a miss and from a hit from my suppressed gun, so I add that in after the fact in a video editing program along with the music.

The audio on the Pulsar thermals I have owned hasn't been very good. However, I will give ATN props on the Xsight II as it does record decent audio at least on mine. I would rather add the sound later because this way you don't get wind noise and other extra sound but I realize not everyone wants to edit videos. Many others will use a phone or other device, and record some audio with it, and then add it later as well.

Originally Posted By: stupidnewbieI figured. Still pretty good video. Do you mind me asking what editing software you are using? I use Pinnacle Studio. The current Version is 22. It isn't the easiest software to use, but fairly robust for features.

Kirsch, you sir are AWESOME!

A sincere thank you for sharing the videos and your vast experience. I know it has greatly helped me and no doubt many others!

Originally Posted By: P&YKirsch, you sir are AWESOME!

A sincere thank you for sharing the videos and your vast experience. I know it has greatly helped me and no doubt many others! Very kind words and am happy to help whenever I can. There are some really good full length videos that I am super excited to share with the group once Night Goggles publishes them.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisQuick question- your day video shows a few of the coyotes coming out of the corn fields?

Some alphas will take their young into corn fields late summer/early fall and this will become their home. It seems to provide protection, cover, food, etc. My calling pattern at this time focuses on tricking the alpha pair.

Back