Tikka T3x Superlite

tripod3

I have been shooting this rifle in .22-250 for several winters since trading my shotgun for it new.
About the same time a Zeiss conquest scope went bad on another rifle so I put the new warranty conquest HD5 on this Tikka.
This combo has shot well right out of the boxes.
It has taken a pile of coyotes where 300 yd shots are common.
I have tested the 600 yd cross hair on steel with no plan on fur as it isn't real strong at that range.
Well yesterday an opportunity came up with a coyote ranged at 626 yds so I put the crosshair on his back and he went down.

I couldn't believe it. But then a second coyote popped up to see what happened and I repeated the same and he went down. He moved around getting the snow all red.

This rifle has impressed me from the start an keeps doing it.

My Tikka 22-250 SL was the first Tikka I ever bought..................it wasn't the last!!
wink.gif

Wow..impressive! I have the same gun, and have passed up many at that range. I guess I will set up some steel and do some shooting this summer. I would have guessed that you would have had to hold over a bit more at that range..Nice job! I have not been out in over a week, with all the recent snow, as I have been helping out elderly neighbors and family members with snow removal and getting their groceries etc..I am hoping to resume hunting next week!

Originally Posted By: Smokin BarrelMy Tikka 22-250 SL was the first Tikka I ever bought..................it wasn't the last!!
wink.gif
I have bought three, Sold two. Both of the 22-250's shot great. My friend bought the first one from me and liked it so much he shot the barrel out doing predator control. My Tikka 22-250 is one of my favorite coyote rifles.

vkmyqOkl.jpg

Quote: I would have guessed that you would have had to hold over a bit more at that range..
Definitely hold over(about 65 inches), Was using the 600 yd crosshair in the scope.

Quote:What bullet/load? Congrats & Thx!
Factory Remington Accutip 50 Gr. At about 280 ft lbs it was running out of gas at that point. I generally go by a 400 ft lb minimum but this worked out.

Back