CZ Is A Quality Company

fitz

I have a CZ 512 tactical that I was running suppressed for a while and I started having a number of issues with it. Sometimes it wouldn't go into battery and I was also experiencing lots of FTFs along with accuracy issues. I didn't have that many rounds through it and I cleaned it regularly but figured it just got especially gunked up from running suppressed so I broke it down and cleaned it really well. Was still having issues and it was within the CZ 5 year warranty period so I sent it to CZ. I called recently to check on it and they were having accuracy issues with it as well so they said they would send me a new gun. Nice, right! Here is where it gets even better. I have started to have doubts about whether or not a semiautomatic 22 mag is meant to be run suppressed so I called CZ back to see it they could just send me a new 512 American. It's a nice looking rifle and if I am not going to run the 512 tactical suppressed I don't need a threaded barrel. No problem they said. So sometime in the near future I will be getting a brand new 512 American. That is what I call customer service. Thank you CZ!

I only have experience with one CZ 527 in 17 Remington. But the relationship has been a very good one in that it's been quality from the start, accurate as heck and trouble free.

Be sure to post a review of the 512 once you have put it through its paces.

CZ's are great guns. I own a 527 in 300 BO with my Specwar 7,62 you only hear the firing pin fall.
I own a BREN 805 great rifle (223) and a VZ 58 (7,62V39). That 9mm EVO is a great carbine.
Last year I got a 75B Omega pistol. A threaded barrel that is set low and the pistol feels great in my hand.
Easy 2 inch groups at 25 yards.
Watch and look for Canik pistols. They are very nice.

They are amazing. I bought a used 527 Varmint in .222 after about 70 shots the sear on the trigger wouldn't engage. I sent it in and they said the previous owner did a crappy trigger job, so they replaced the trigger even though it wasnt under warranty. They also replaced my bolt with the new "scope friendly" bolt. Free of charge.

I love my cz 527 in 223
It’s an older model with the 1-12 twist but i think I’ve found a 60 grain load that will give me about a one inch group at 100 yards. The only bad thing I can say about it is it doesn’t like any federal loads that I’ve tried through it. The 55 grain armscor soft points and the Winchester white box 45 grain jhps will give me about 1/2 inch if I do my part.

I have three CZ's....452 American, 527 Carbine, and 527 American.
I love all three but I've never had to use their CS other than swapping out a mag for the 22LR which was painless.
Your experience doesn't surprise me though....they try pretty hard.

I've got a 452 .22lr, 455 .22lr/.22mag, 527's in .17 rem,.222 rem,.223 and a 550 Varmint Kevlar in .22-250. All shoot awesome. I'd love to have a 550 in .30-06 or .243.

I’ve got 2 cz 455’s. One American and one in a manners stock. Changed out the trigger spring for a 1lb pull. Had a 527 in 204 that I wish I would’ve kept.

Last edited:

Here is my 527 300 BO with my Specwar. I only hear the firing pin
That is my Boyd's stock This CZ comes with a threaded muzzle.

nrZWLAj.jpg

Myself and my father have got several CZ / Brnos

Brno Model 2 - .22lr
CZ452 Stainless Synthetic - .22lr
CZ527 American .223 Rem
CZ527 Varmint .223 Rem
CZ550 - 7x64

All are great rifles and shoot well

Back