Newer Bushnell scopes?

shelton573

I asked a while back about the bushnell engage scopes and got shone pretty mixed feedback. I am curious about their new line of scopes overall. They seem to have a bunch of different models pop up out of no where that I assume are replacing the elites? My brother can get a pretty heavy discount on several bushnell optics models so I thought about checking one out for a spare pdog rifle. Below are the models that I’m interested in most likely in 6-24 or something similar. Please comment if you have experience with any of them.

Current models he gets a substantial discount on.
1. Engage
2. Trophy xtreme x30

Future models he will get discounts on he thinks but is unsure about the amount
1. Nitro
2. Forge

I have two Trophy xtreme's and a Forge. I just received a Prime today as well. I like them. Glass is pretty good on all of them.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI have two Trophy xtreme's and a Forge. I just received a Prime today as well. I like them. Glass is pretty good on all of them.

What would you compare them to as far as Leupold, vortex, etc? I’m pretty interested in the trophy extreme. I can pick the 6-24 up for about $145 and the and the 4-16 for $110 with his discount. Thanks for the info!

I've got a couple of the Bushnell Xtreme X30 scopes in both 4-16 and 6-24. Pretty impressed with them for the money and for that discounted price I'd jump on one. I've got some other scopes that cost similar for less magnification or cost more overall for pretty similar mag (Nikon Prostaff 5's 4.5-18 and Sightron S-Tac 4-20's), and I like the Xtremes more than both of those.

Both mine work good to. Kind of hard to compare them to anything in particular but the glass is clear and the dials work. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if I needed a scope.

the elite line was all made in japan, moving them to somewhere else was not an improvement in quality. I guess the plan for bushnell was to out vortex vortex. I will NOT buy a non japan made bushnell. so that leaves the tactical line which I don't have any interest in personally.

I think the way the renamed them is confusing and hard to judge what level of scope your looking at. Also nearly everything they make has tall or tactical turrets which I don't care for

They moved from the Japanese factory to cut costs. Talked to the optics guys at SHOT long enough to get that out of them. The whole redesign was to create new marketing hype.

I liked the Elites a lot, but have been less impressed with the Engage and Forge. They aren't hunting scopes...and they aren't tactical scopes. I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish with these scopes. They have decent glass, but aren't on par with my Elite 4200's or Elite Tacticals.

^^^^^^^^^
Could not agree more. More whistles,bells,trinkets and do dads that are of a low quality. It looks tacticool and is cheap. Ya get what ya pay for some times.

I've never owned a Bushnell product that was worth a crap. It's now all Chinese junk, including scopes, binoculars, rangefinders and trail cameras. I won't waste anymore money buying Bushnell products.

Go to their warranty page. The old scopes had real lifetime warrenties. The new ones are based on the scope's lifecycle. Call cynical but that looks very bad

Bushnell is owned by Vista Outdoor which was owned by ATK. Northrup bought ATK i believe.

https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/

I really enjoy their products. Federal brass, Speer Bullets, RCBS etc.

No experience with their scopes though. If the market does not pick up they will go bankrupt likely.

Originally Posted By: DultimatpredatorI wouldn’t put one on my BB gun. Glass is dark and foggy. A cheap Tasco is like a Zeiss compared to it.

Bushnell has owned Tasco for many years...

Old Japanese made Tasco's (pre Bushnell ownership) were solid though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DultimatpredatorI wouldn’t put one on my BB gun. Glass is dark and foggy. A cheap Tasco is like a Zeiss compared to it.

Got to disagree here. I have two cheap Trophy X-30's and the glass is very clear. I also have a Forge which is suppose to be their top of the line. Its got clear glass and zerostop but the reticle is to dam busy for my taste anyway. But again, JMO.

Back