Remington 700 SPS Varmint

JLJ223

Are they GTG?? I know Remington sometimes is hit and miss anymore, really thinking about one in 204, they seemed priced pretty fairly. Thanks

I have three. Two 223's and a 204. All three were very easy to get down to 0.5 MOA with virtually no work. The 204 is absolutely eye opening.

Greg

I've had a few of them. I change triggers and stocks as soon as I get them B&C or H&S and a Timney trigger. Have not had a problem with one yet.

I have one in .17 Fireball with original stock. It was part of the recall for trigger issues about 3 years ago. It took almost 6 mos. for Remington to fix and return after I was originally told 3 weeks. The gun is incredibly accurate but the action has a real gritty feel and it's very barrel-heavy and not fun to lug around if you're spot and stalking.

i had one in 223 back in the day and it shot great - but as others noted, it was SUPPPPPPPER barrel heavy. hated it because of that. got my ar and started handloading and had a load that shot cloverleafs. lost interest in the sps real quick.

traded it for a vxIII. best trade i think ive ever done.

GOOD TO GO. 223 Shoots great from factory plastic stock with barrell touching the little pads at the ends. Have in MagPull stock with factory floor plate now. Shoots the heck out of Fiacchi 40 grain ammo and really blows up praire dogs.

Back