External battery for Flir?

SaffordHunter

So I’ve been looking at the external battery pack made by FLIR for my thermal and it’s 6700 mah. What i used to use to power my Night vision was an iMuto 20000mah portable phone charger. That’s over 3x’s the battery life of Flirs unit. I keep it in a stock pack. Is there any risk of damaging the Flir?

Not sure but we make this nifty Thermal Remote Battery and Cradle system for the FLIR PTS line of scopes. It also comes free with every purchase of a PTS scope. Thank you.

https://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-thermal-remote-battery-trb/

TRB_sl3-380999.jpg

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCNot sure but we make this nifty Thermal Remote Battery and Cradle system for the FLIR PTS line of scopes. It also comes free with every purchase of a PTS scope. Thank you.

TRB_sl3-380999.jpg

Have you relesed one for us Armasight users that require 6v (didn't see it on the website)? Specifically looking for the multi pin connection vs USB, you told a poster in your April thread you were working on it (FYI its external battery time here in snow country)! Anyone can build an Ankera battery pack with a USB connection that uses 5V, we need that clean 6V for Armasights.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SaffordHunterSo I’ve been looking at the external battery pack made by FLIR for my thermal and it’s 6700 mah. What i used to use to power my Night vision was an iMuto 20000mah portable phone charger. That’s over 3x’s the battery life of Flirs unit. I keep it in a stock pack. Is there any risk of damaging the Flir? My answer is for the new Boson core Flirs such as the PTS series and Breach. The one from TNVC/Night Goggles is 6700 mAh. We have ran a Flir PTS scope for over 10 hours using this battery pack in sub-freezing conditions. It should last you all night. However, to answer your question, yes you should be able to run any 5v battey pack. Personally I wouldn’t go over a 10000 mAh pack if mounted on the gun or the scope just due to the extra weight. I have a 10000 on one Flir and the 6700 on another. Only 2 oz difference between the 2. A 20000 adds almost 10oz extra. You simply don’t need that much battery for the scope but it will work with the correct cable to connect to the Flir.

I use a 10,000 mah battery pack on my Flir RS 64's with no problems in 4 years of heavy use 3-5 nights a week since they came out in 2014 !!! Run time is greatly extended beyond the internal rechargeable battery that comes in these units.

Originally Posted By: ExCavTankerOriginally Posted By: Victor_TNVCNot sure but we make this nifty Thermal Remote Battery and Cradle system for the FLIR PTS line of scopes. It also comes free with every purchase of a PTS scope. Thank you.

TRB_sl3-380999.jpg

Bump-Still waiting on the TNVC reply.

Have you relesed one for us Armasight users that require 6v (didn't see it on the website)? Specifically looking for the multi pin connection vs USB, you told a poster in your April thread you were working on it (FYI its external battery time here in snow country)! Anyone can build an Ankera battery pack with a USB connection that uses 5V, we need that clean 6V for Armasights.

Hmm... looks like a threaded female to male adaptor that screws to the unit with a slot for the wires to come out, that holds an empty battery case that has the battery pack wires soldered to it. Held in by the oem battery lid. Maybe "professionally" designed to where its not crude like you made it in a dark basement.
thumbup1.gif

Id rather have that insted of the wear and tear on the usb jack from a battery pack. Maybe use another lid and put an external 2 pin jack the has a threaded connection coming out of the lid. That way it would be extremely secure.

I’ll have to check on that. I know the prototype has been sent back a couple times for fine tuning. I’ll see what I can find out.

I am looking forward to the new battery cord design. I have had problems with the connector that attaches into the FLIR. It's a very loose fit and sticking out from the unit causes it to get bent and loose connection. AFter having 2 cables break down on me, I went back to using CR123 batteries. Two thumbs up on improving the power cable.

Back