Lane Suppressors

Gity2

Any PM members have an opinion on this brand ?
I have developed Hyperacusis which is simply
That I can not tolerate loud noise, so I have to
Go the suppressed route, any info is appreciated
Thanks Gity2

Just had my checked cashed for my first suppressor stamp this week. I went with the Lane Scorpion 5.56 on my Tikka 22-250. Local gun shop said they are the best bang for your buck. Comparable performance to the other more expensive brands at a cheaper price. Unfortunately now I have to wait until I can give a full review. Local gun shop sells a lot of these. Good Luck!

I am a proud owner of Lane Scorpion 5.56 for 3 years. Great suppressor, have never had any issues with it. The owner is fantastic to work with.

I haves lane scorpion king 30 cal. I use it on my 6x6.8, 6.5 creedmoor, 22-243 it works great. Just be known that to get a magnum rated can you have to get there 338 version. There a goood company to deal with and will even clean your surpressor if you send it in to them.

Last edited:
General rule for cans is that a fully cut stack meters better than mono core designs. So if sound reduction is at the top of your list a modern can with a fully cut stack should be at the top of your list.

Originally Posted By: RayDogGeneral rule for cans is that a fully cut stack meters better than mono core designs. So if sound reduction is at the top of your list a modern can with a fully cut stack should be at the top of your list.

+1000, I inform guys of this as well, most don't know any different and say it's not true, so I just have them call numerous manufacturers to get the facts themselves.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: RayDogGeneral rule for cans is that a fully cut stack meters better than mono core designs. So if sound reduction is at the top of your list a modern can with a fully cut stack should be at the top of your list.

+1000, I inform guys of this as well, most don't know any different and say it's not true, so I just have them call numerous manufacturers to get the facts themselves.

I agree, and think can volume is also important. You didn't say what can you're looking at, but in my experience the bigger the can the quieter it is.

I have the scorpion 5.56. This can is only 6" long and 1 1/2" diameter. It's louder than my 4.0, but still pleasant to shoot with out hearing protection. It is easier to maneuver while hunting and has actually gotten a better tone the more I shoot it. The build quality on mine was great.

Originally Posted By: RayDogGeneral rule for cans is that a fully cut stack meters better than mono core designs. So if sound reduction is at the top of your list a modern can with a fully cut stack should be at the top of your list.

How do you tell the difference?

Lane cans are good cans. Several family and friends have the Lane cans. Owner is a good guy and takes care of you and your can if any issues arise. Ive seen a lot of the suppressor manufacturers are going with a weled style instead of mono style. Keeps weight down and IF you have a baffle strike its easier and cheaper to replace the end then the mono core and the tube and endcap.

I've got a steel Lane Scorpian King I use on everything I shoot. I have zero complaints about it. I've shot it next to several other brands and to my ears I hear no difference. I've heard lots of people talk about first round pop with monocore cans, again to my ears I hear no difference. Its direct thread and I can swap it between all my rifles and get 100% repeatable poi.

I'm not claiming they are the best out there or better than brand-xyz but I have no regrets.

The customer service is fantastic as well.

Good quality suppressors. I have the Scorpion King made with the titanium tube and titanium core...stupid lightweight compared to some of the steel 30 cal cans I've fondled. Cant go wrong with them IMO.

I have the 556 Scorpion all Titanium. I like it a lot because it is small and light however it is not as quiet as my Sig 762.
IMO go with one of their bigger cans.
H

Back