Silcencer Harv VS YHM Titanium

fisher777

Looking into the SilencerCo Harvester and the Yanke Hill Machine 7.62 ULT Titanium. About the same weight. Harvester a tad longer. I like the muzzle brake the YHM comes with it being easier to remove and put on something else. Is there any big draw backs with the quick connect vs the direct screw on from the harvester? Trying to weigh the options against these too before I buy one. Trying to stay around 800 ish total with stamp so any others that you all have used tell me all about them.

Last edited:
I have a YHM-30 cal stainless QD which is just their stainless version of their Titanium suppressors and I have no complaints. Easy on, easy off. Stays zeroed. You do get a bit of a POI shift, but that comes with the territory.

My partner runs a SilencerCo and he likes it. So I won't throw stones at it, but he is also running their QD version, not a direct thread.

I am a fan of the QD designs. But that is a personal preference.

Only have the Harvester 30.
It is easy to move around multiple guns with direct thread - same size threads.
Not so easy to change the direct thread adapter within the can.

I have that exact YHM with the QD brake and like it alot. Whatever you decide I would recommend the QD system, makes it very quick and simple to go from gun to gun.

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrI have that exact YHM with the QD brake and like it alot. Whatever you decide I would recommend the QD system, makes it very quick and simple to go from gun to gun.

I'm betting that QD muzzle device comes with a price tag of 75-100 dollars per gun on top of the cost of threading if needed.

Silencer shops deal comes with two muzzle brakes right now and can for 599. Going on AR so barrel is already threaded.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fisher777Silencer shops deal comes with two muzzle brakes right now and can for 599. Going on AR so barrel is already threaded.

Depending on the model, I have found adapters from $45-$90. I think it's worth it to be able to use my suppressor on all my rifles, large and small bore. But again, that is personal preference. Some guys like direct thread, and it works.

Originally Posted By: fisher777I got the YHM can. Now the wait begins...
Congratulations and commiserations. It's like waiting for a child to be born, or watching water boil...

I’m actually waiting for my child to be born this month lol I hope it goes by fast like the pregnancy did for me. Thanks for yalls help.

A word of advice from a YHM QD owner. When you have fired it and it is hot, loosen it up from the QD adapter before it cools down. They can get a bit grabby when they cool off and can be a tad "resistant" to removal. I usually back mine of a few clicks before I let it go back in the bag to cool off.

It doesn't appear that the QD mount and the suppressor grab each other, it looks to me like the can starts to grab the carbon ring that forms around the QD mount.

your going to love it. I run the YHM QD in both stainless and titanium. Its nice, I have the kids guns lined up with the titanium and most of mine with the stainless. But its nothing to swap around the cans from gun to gun. I just keep a list of what can the guns lined up with. And if I purchase another YHM all my guns already have the QD mount on them.

I have run a havester also a little bit and it feels super light and smaller in diameter. Good can to. but you made a solid choice for sure.

Jason

I've shot both and they're both great cans but I prefer the QD that comes with YHM, plus you really don't have to worry about your can getting loose.

Back