Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#3191641 - 02/08/19 11:54 PM Re: If you have a child or a Pit bull, you should read this: [Re: masshunter]
Happy Birthday Infidel 762 Offline

Loc: Okie
Originally Posted By: masshunter
I just want an alert dog that lets me know whats .going on. I'll take it from there

December 2005; I came back from Iraq, my wife got pregnant during that deployment, in the middle of divorce, aside from my car every material possession I owned was in storage, I was still in the Army under stop loss. I was out processing in BDUs surrounded by ACUs. I felt strange in Walmart.

I bought a red dachshund puppy named Bean. Thru all that he was either with me or waiting for me in the car. Over 13 years later he is laying on my lap as I type this. He alerts me when something is not right. He is therapeutic

#3191654 - 02/09/19 05:06 AM Re: If you have a child or a Pit bull, you should read this: [Re: ADK]
tnshootist Offline
PM senior

Loc: East Tn
Ours is named Coffee. The grand kid named her so it works. She is 12 also. The one before her was Fritz. They are great little companions.

#3191778 - 02/09/19 05:40 PM Re: If you have a child or a Pit bull, you should read this: [Re: ADK]
TooManyHobbies Offline
Predator Master

Loc: CT
A couple questions/observations.
What are the numbers in that chart on first page as far as kills/100k animals per breed?

With pits, besides people killed, how many other pets (dogs, cats, livestock,etc) were killed in addition too people?

And how often were the kills from a single animal as opposed to a pack of two or more?

I'm not a fan of pits at all. My brother had a cross breed that bit everyone in his family. He finally had it put down, then got another pit that scares the [beeep] out of me.
My best friend had a nice lap dog that was attacked and killed by a stray pit that was never found.
Luckily, of all the pits that my customers have, have all been sweet dogs.

#3195203 - 02/26/19 06:02 PM Re: If you have a child or a Pit bull, you should read this: [Re: ADK]
littledawg Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: western
I always wonder why people defend mean a$$ dogs breeds. I spent a fair amount of time doing animal control work. My experience with pit and rott owners are mostly the POS types. The best dog whisperer in the world can't untrain a dog's natural instinct to go crazy without provocation. If a person wants to own one then own one, but the violent temperament is always present. The only time I was significantly bit on-duty was a mean a$$ Chessy; still wearing the scar to this day. But from my experience, the farm dogs (herding breeds) are far more aggressive. However, I encounter them more often than the above breeds.

I have a GENERAL rule; If the dog has a curly tail or supposed to have a curly tail it is likely a bitter; a straight tail hunting dog can generally be approached without too much danger.

#3195215 - 02/26/19 07:11 PM Re: If you have a child or a Pit bull, you should read this: [Re: ADK]
6724 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: colorado
My neighbors moved in in 2004, every year their pit bull was running loose. I asked several times for them to contain their dog. She knew the dog was chasing deer, saying that "he just wants to play with them, they are his friends". I told her that the dog was over at my place regularly, that I threw sharp sticks at him hoping to hurt him so he wouldn't come back. One day it was on my coyote bait, I shot at it with a 12ga with 8 shot, at about 100 yards I hoped it would hurt him but not really harm him. They asked if his barking bothered me, I said "only when I hear it". One day I invited the male owner over to shoot archery, his dog was barking while he was at my place, he said "wow, you can really hear freddy". Yep. They told me that he was afraid of gunshots and loud noises, so I learned that when the dog was barking at 11:pm, I could fire one round of the 45 out the window and the dog would shut up.
After 12 years or so, they NEVER kept their dog contained. I saw it chasing deer on more than one ocassion. It roamed the neighborhood regularly. One day, I was out splitting wood with an axe, that day the pit bull snuck up on me 3 times. I would turn around and the dog was very close, it was disconcerting at the least.
That day cost me $30,000 in attorneys fees, for a dog that I feel was hunting ME.

No one can ever convince me that pit bulls are great pets and gentle dogs. B.S. There is a reason insurance companies do not like them, there is a reason they are responsible for more human deaths. Some animal bred for numerous generations to fight or for its aggressiveness should not be roaming free, or in a household with children.

#3195231 - 02/26/19 08:50 PM Re: If you have a child or a Pit bull, you should read this: [Re: ADK]
tnshootist Offline
PM senior

Loc: East Tn
Sometimes I forget how lucky I am not to have close neighbors.

#3196618 - 03/06/19 09:05 PM Re: If you have a child or a Pit bull, you should read this: [Re: ADK]
ADK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: North of Sodom,West of Gomorra...
Pit bull owners:

Studies show that pit bull owners employ strategies to disguise the true nature of the breed by engaging in distortions, denial and overcompensation and by projecting blame after attacks.

Not normal dog owners:

To understand the experience of owning a negatively perceived dog, Tufts Center for Animals and Public Policy did a case study on pit bull owners that was published in 2000. Researchers found that with "outlaw" breeds, such as pit bulls, the human-dog relationship is sociologically more complex than previously known. Owners of pit bulls, they discovered, directly feel the stigma targeted at their breed and resort to various tactics to mitigate it. These strategies included:

"passing their dogs as breeds other than pit bulls, denying that their behavior is biologically determined, debunking adverse media coverage, using humor, emphasizing counter-stereotypical behavior, avoiding stereotypical equipment or accessories, taking preventive measures, or becoming breed ambassadors."

https://www.dogsbite.org/dangerous-dogs-pit-bull-owners.php

#3204426 - 05/24/19 09:05 PM Re: If you have a child or a Pit bull, you should read this: [Re: ADK]
ADK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: North of Sodom,West of Gomorra...
You can add another 19 victims to the list of fatalities for 2019 alone. Mostly children and elderly. Mostly pit bull and pit bull mixes did the grizzly deeds.

https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2019.php

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Infidel 762, Stu Farish 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.