Picked up my new T3 Today

Terry Lightle

22-250 light with 14 twist and 22 7/16 barrel.Headed to range with a box of Winchester white box then load up some Varget with 55 grain V-Max tonight.Bet she shoots with 36.5 grains.First new rifle since 1995.Got my 3.5 x 10 Leupold mounted and headed that way!

1 inch groups,need to lighten trigger and lengthen stock yet,pretty happy with it.Gonna try 50 grain v max later this week.Close enough for coyotes but just as well get it a little tighter if I can

Last edited:
The white box shoot good in Tikka's just a little dirtier than I care for.
50 gr vmax shoot good too.
My favorite factory round is 50 Remington Accutip.
I like the performance of 50 Nosler ballistic tip.
I find that Tikka groups tend to tighten up after 100 or more rounds.

Have about 80 run through it,shot white box horrible.Will try the 50 V MAX if it does not tighten up a little will give the Noslers a try.If it stays where it is it is still minute of coyote as far as I am concerned.

Don't know about factory ammo but my T3 22-250 is super accurate with 50 & 55 grain bullets. I have shot all my coyotes with 55 Nosler Ballistic tips over 38 grains of H380 because it and my 12 BVSS 22-250 shoots them equally well. Killed prairie dogs out to just shy of 600 yds with the savage and coyotes from 70 to 280 yds with the Tikka.

If you are going to handload then the 50 grain loads were with RL15 & Varget using V-Max and Blitzking bullets and about .5 grain under max if I remember correctly. H4895 and W760 would be good options too if you have any on hand.

I would try the 53 grain V-Max Superformance load if I was using factory ammo. Shot my last two yotes with factory 58 grain V-max Supperformance out of a Savage LWH 243. Shoot so good I bought another box rather than having to mess with reloading it. I save the reloading for the off season and just go hunting.

Originally Posted By: Terry Lightle37.4 Grains Varget 50 grain VMAX 1/2 inch groups at 100,very pleased with it.

Wonder what the max charge is for Varget?

Great! I loaded 36.5 of Reloader 15 under some 50 V-Maxs last weekend and shot .5 groups out my Tikka last weekend.

Time to go hunt!

Back