Flea irradication on Pelts

I live in Alaska and can pick up a whatever that has fleas, a week after it dies, take it home, put in my deep freezer at minus -10 below zero, pull it out a week later to thaw, and will have flea's coming to life like you wouldn't believe. You cannot freeze a flea to death, in my opinion. So, now when I take them out of the woods, they go in a bag filled with Raid, then home to the -10 below freezer, then let them thaw inside that Raid bag. Look in the corner of the bag, those are all dead fleas, lot's of them. Remember the thing was dead in the woods for a week before I picked it up. They are comatose until they warm up. This is real life experience, I didn't read it somewhere, I do it, everyday. I didn't listen to to others when I first started either, and got a lot of flea bites. Doesn't make sense that they will live through that, but they do. Can't argue with real life results. Now somebody will post something they read off the internet and think they are right because the saw it on their phone. Their is some crazy info. posted above, probably from a phone, not a real trapper that is for sure.

I use the indoor spray it doesn't smell as bad but kills just as good. Seen fleas on stuff thats 3 days dead and frozen solid. Just cause the animal dies doesn't mean the fleas going to leave it for the even colder ground.

Late 70's, I had a hunting partner that had a bronco. We just threw the coyotes in the back. Later on, the fleas covered us up. Next trip, I put each in a large garbage bag, and put flea powder in the bag. This pretty much cured our problem. Problem, fleas will pick a person they like, and that was me. Pard did not care much for the flea powder inside the truck as he was smelling it. So, I got a new hunting partner.

In Arkansas where I live, the things survive until it gets cold and stays cold 10 and under for a couple days and the ground gets hard before they die off. I just bathed my Jack Russell this evening and found a couple on him from running around outside. He is white and a flea or tick is always skylined on him. I use Dawn on him, it is said it kills them pretty good?

I washed his bed and his towel he lays on at night too, vacuumed the floors and threw down baking soda on the floor.

Back