BCA raided tuesday morning - by ICE - identity theft/employees using stolen SSN's

Plant.One

ive said for a very long time the identify theft is one of the biggest things going... it has been for decades with illegals. makes you wonder how many times the same set of SSN's has been used across the country... which of course is probably what happened here - and at other ICE raids recently. its gotta be a big red flag thats been ignored for years and years.

https://abc11.com/30-people-taken-into-custody-by-ice-at-sanford-company/5122017/
Quote:The Lee County Sheriff's Office said it was the result of an ongoing investigation by ICE into identity theft and fraud. An ICE official told ABC11 that action was the result of a federal search warrant and not immigration enforcement.

ICE clarified Wednesday that 25 people had been arrested on criminal charges related to "an ongoing criminal investigation." Two other individuals were arrested for civil immigration violations.

5qPmpML8Rg_Vioo_z2maFg.png

My CPA was hacked two years ago and all clients' identity stolen. My first clue was a letter from IRS requesting more backup data to process my request for a refund (My return was not yet filed!)

That's when the nightmare began. Spent most of the year trying to head off any other misuse. Why SS cannot no, will not issue new SS # to ID theft victims is a mystery. SS dept is absolutely no help either (will not even flag the #'s in question for closer scrutiny); only recourse is for the victim to check every 6 months to be sure their SS# is not being used by someone to gain employment. [beeep] of a way to run a railroad!

Not to mention the fact that once compromised, no guarantees that the number might be sold and pop up anywhere for any nefarious use. It never ends.
cursing.gif

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Back