Ever had a "what da Fk" did I do moment?

Coyotejunki

Well, I just got back from an annual pilgrimage to AZ, just me and my dog.

6Sp3V4Rl.jpg

I took the new Kimber Montana 6BR loaded with Sierra 60 HP's. And the 223 AR with Sie 69gr TMK's

Ku6qFQrl.jpg

HBPs7Hul.jpg

I killed some coyotes and enjoyed the great weather out there, compared to the snow storm we got here and shut down I-44 for several hours.

Wednesday is where the OH Fk! incident happened. I was a few miles North of Douglas, calling one of my honey holes, when a double comes in. I shoot the one on the left first, then get nervous on the second since my dog is tolling it and I didn't have a clear shot until "I thought" as it was heading out. I take the shot and realize almost immediately I messed up, big time!!!

Well you might have guessed what happened. I'll never forget. I put a 6mm bullet into my Foxpro cs24c E-caller. I mean I smoked it...

Now I'm not bragging, but I was able to hit the caller from a whopping 30 yards away.
smile.gif

I almost missed it. I had it setting in a small yucca, coyote height off the ground, and that rascal jumped right in front of that dern coyote.

Luckily I was able to borrow a friends caller and finish the week. Friday, I even found this. My first one. I'm pretty sure this one belonged to ole Cochise, 'cause I found it fairly close to Cochise's stronghold. (Laffin)

BTW, My dog is fine. She has some sore feet, hence the silly innertube shoes I put on her.

It happens. I've done it. I know Cal has done it. Have you run your own caller over with the truck yet? I have...

- DAA

I have run over a set of calling sticks that were leaning on a tire, luckily never a rifle.

Dave, After the shot and I noticed everything went quiet, even though I didn't mute the caller. I remember the "meat report" I normally hear after shooting a coyote did sound different. I looked at the caller and saw a little smoke coming out. I just said a few colorful words, went and picked it up, and started to chuckle to myself. Thinking, what are the goofy odds of hitting this small target shooting at a running coyote? It was noon time, so I made a couple peanut butter samiches and went over to Vic's "Chile Rojo" house and visited with him.

Ouch! My son-in-law shot my decoy once while shooting at a fox. Decoy isn't a big deal, shooting the caller is something else. I hunt big timber country and usually put the caller on the backside of a tree from me.

Originally Posted By: tripod3So are we going to see that in the classifieds!

LOL, maybe

The remote still is unharmed.

I just talked to "Foxpro" and getting a case number, I don't expect them to warrentee my goof, but the guy said the repair may not be as expensive as I would think. Hope he is right.

At least it looks like somewhat of a plastic friendly round. No obvious devastating exit wound. Maybe the guys at foxpro can sew up the hole and make it good.

My family is plagued by these moments. Shot chronographs, bush hogged chainsaws, ran a bow over and wedged it in the wheel well of truck....I can think of more, just a quick few Fk ups off the top of my head. Here is a good one. My Dad was in a hospital bed in his living room healing up from a bad injury. To pass the time he kept his 17hmr by the bed side and shot cow birds as they came to his feeder. This was during February cold here in Indiana, to shoot out of the house to the feeder he would crack the sliding glass door about 5". My Mom walked through and closed the door, oh yeah, this is going where you thought it was.

Pops in a fury to explode a cowbird that landed, grabbed the 17 and bamo. Through his scope he saw the window shatter and at first thought his scope broke. He then realized what happened and if I remember correctly blamed my Mom for shutting the door.

Originally Posted By: Rhett SteeleMy family is plagued by these moments. Shot chronographs, bush hogged chainsaws, ran a bow over and wedged it in the wheel well of truck....I can think of more, just a quick few Fk ups off the top of my head. Here is a good one. My Dad was in a hospital bed in his living room healing up from a bad injury. To pass the time he kept his 17hmr by the bed side and shot cow birds as they came to his feeder. This was during February cold here in Indiana, to shoot out of the house to the feeder he would crack the sliding glass door about 5". My Mom walked through and closed the door, oh yeah, this is going where you thought it was.

Pops in a fury to explode a cowbird that landed, grabbed the 17 and bamo. Through his scope he saw the window shatter and at first thought his scope broke. He then realized what happened and if I remember correctly blamed my Mom for shutting the door.

That's funny! Dang wimmins, always messing things up for guys.

Yep... shot a hole through my passenger seat, through back middle seat head rest and out the back window of my New "to me" Tacoma with my 17 Fireball.

I was in complete shock!

Luckily the seat was easily covered by a Cabelas Seat cover (after my wife stitched up the tear), the back head rest has a tiny hole you can barely see and the window is easily replaceable. No metal was hit... lucky me
blink.gif

Looking back, sure could have been a lot worst

Last edited:
Shot a fx3 with #4 buck few years back. Yotes were racing to the call. I loaded 1st one and partner got other leaving. Call kept working but when I went to retrieve it I noticed hole in handle and squeaker speaker. Just JB weld handle and don't use speaker. Still works as my backup or loaner call.

Yip, I've had one of those moments.

Ran over my compound bow once, while on an elk hunt. I was sick. Thankfully I was here in my home state and I just decided to go to town and buy a new bow. Only missed one day of elk hunting and was easy to justify my new bow to my wife, when I got home.

Honestly honey, I didn't mean to run over my 10 year old bow. Honestly!!!

Back