Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3190708 - 02/04/19 11:21 AM Best predator hunting pack
cjclemens Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: IL
Lately, I've been frustrated with my lack of organization when I go out hunting. I've come to the conclusion that I either need a good hunting pack to carry gear out into the field, or I'm carrying too much junk with me and I need to leave some of it behind.

When I go out, I'm usually carrying the following:
Rifle
Shooting sticks
E-Caller
Browning Strutter folding chair
Mojo Critter Decoy

So - am I trying to carry too much around? If not, whats the best pack for carrying my gear?

#3190720 - 02/04/19 12:33 PM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: cjclemens]
AWS Online
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: NM
This works for me, keeps my hands free for hiking/ski/snowshoe poles, riding the bike and dragging coyotes. shooting sticks go in the scabbard with the rifle decoy and spare hand call go in the pouch on the scabbard and it has loops under the pouch for spare ammo. M_1 Bandit goes in my pocket or CS-24 in a shoulder bag so I can reach it to place it with out having to take off the pack.

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders

#3190787 - 02/04/19 07:18 PM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: cjclemens]
Terry Lightle Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Sand Springs,Okla
You might take a look at the Eberlestock Team Elk,really like mine.

#3190845 - 02/05/19 12:31 AM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: cjclemens]
000shock Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Dickinson, ND
Keep these ideas comming please guys. Im in the same boat. Been looking mostly at badlands, eberlestock or tenzing pp15. OP, if you havent yet, google those and take a look. I will likely end up with one of the 3, just havent been swayed heavily towards one specifically yet.

#3190876 - 02/05/19 09:01 AM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: 000shock]
Uncle_Steve Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Hubbardston,MA
I have an eberlestock X1A that I am not using. Works great with a conventionally stocked rifle or shotgun, but an AR sits a little high. Send me an e-mail sruchala@verizon.net and we can work out a deal. I can send pics but haven't figured out how to post them.

#3190892 - 02/05/19 10:18 AM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: cjclemens]
cjclemens Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: IL
I do like the look of the Eberlestock X1A, but I do most of my coyote hunting with an AR.

Is anyone using a basic tactical pack like the 5.11 Rush? It's not as fancy as the purpose built hunting packs, but it seems like its more in line with my budget...

#3190937 - 02/05/19 02:03 PM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: cjclemens]
Kino M Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Southern Indiana
Mystery Ranch, Eberlestock if you have the funds....

#3193058 - 02/15/19 05:32 PM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: Kino M]
Idaho Sawyer Offline

Loc: Lake Fork, ID
I purchased the Eberlestock Gun Runner pack this fall and for calling it is awesome. I added a seat to the bottom (like turkey vests have). It is nice having it attached

#3193099 - 02/15/19 08:39 PM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: cjclemens]
liliysdad Online
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Oklahoma
I have the same pack, the Gunrunner, and I like it a lot. My only complaint is the scabbard really isn't adequately sized for a decent sized rifle with big scope and a suppressor.

#3194004 - 02/20/19 04:58 PM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: cjclemens]
Flesher Offline

Loc: SE. MN
I use the Slydog pack and chair combo. The pack is large enough to hold E-callers, decoys, or whatever you may need, the ground chair works awesome. Thick butt pad and back rest with fold out rear legs. I'm real happy with it.

Edited by Flesher (02/20/19 04:59 PM)

#3195198 - 02/26/19 05:34 PM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: Flesher]
.223coyote Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Southeast Iowa
Just got a Badlands Superday and like it a lot, but I wish I knew about that Slydog deal, it looks slick.

#3196151 - 03/04/19 03:28 PM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: cjclemens]
newmexkid Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Virginia
Just checked out the Slydog pack. Might have to order one of them.

#3198195 - 03/17/19 07:47 AM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: cjclemens]
obsessed1 Offline

Loc: Alberta
I have tried a bunch and ended up with 3 main packs given certain situations. #1 is my home made bucket seat. 5 gal pail with shoulder harness attached. I use this seat when I know I'll need to be up a bit higher for visibility. The pail carries gear nicely and makes for a good seat. Next is my turkey vest with build in seat/ backrest. This kit allows me to haul lots of gear including a full sized decoy in the back pouch. Lastly is my run and gun kit. This consists of a stadium seat with zippers sewn up both sides to create a pocket. I attached two cheap rifle slings as back pack shoulder straps and necessary gear goes in the "pocket".adding a carabiner to the handle allows it to be clipped to anything should carrying it back pack style not be needed. Small,light and convenient if you don't need to haul tones of stuff. I also have the gunrunnerll but it's always been just to much pack for my needs and accessing items is harder as the pack is a top loader. My main coyote rifle is carried using a back pack type sling and my sticks are clipped to my pack or carried in hand. If I bring a shotty as well it rides out front in top down front ready carry.

#3198838 - 03/22/19 09:12 PM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: cjclemens]
skinney Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: South Dakota
Originally Posted By: cjclemens
Lately, I've been frustrated with my lack of organization when I go out hunting. I've come to the conclusion that I either need a good hunting pack to carry gear out into the field, or I'm carrying too much junk with me and I need to leave some of it behind.

When I go out, I'm usually carrying the following:
Rifle
Shooting sticks
E-Caller
Browning Strutter folding chair
Mojo Critter Decoy

So - am I trying to carry too much around? If not, whats the best pack for carrying my gear?

I would highly suggest Eberlestock, lot's of options and with the integral scabbard it's an awesome option.

They'll hear ya three times, see ya twice, but only smell ya once.

Play the Rabbit, and they will come.

#3198921 - 03/23/19 03:49 PM Re: Best predator hunting pack [Re: cjclemens]
RICHARD WALTON Offline

Loc: Sparks,Nevada
I use the 5.11 rush 24 tactical pack in multicam.5.11 does not make a waist belt for the pack.I bought a wide waist belt off Amazon.the pack is about 5 years old and use it for Predator hunting ALOT.the pack has held up great with no problems.has plenty of room and many options for attacking items to the outside.one thing I found that works great if you carry a rifle with a sling is to put the sling on your shoulder and put the sternum strap around the strap and attach the sternum clips.hope this helps with your needs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  DesertRam, Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.