My Scout TK Died Before I Even Ran the Battery Down Once

LDhunter

Well... I was loving my new FLIR Scout TK and thinking it was on of my favorite pieces of gear until I picked it up yesterday to play with it a bit more while getting used to it and it won't power up.

What I mean is it will act like everything is fine but it gets stuck on the FLIR logo display and never goes into the mode where you can use it to see through.

Actually the first time I powered it up yesterday I got what looked like a test pattern after the FLIR logo display and when that didn't disappear I then turned it off and that's when it seemed to get stuck on the logo display when I tried to turn it back on. I've tried it several times since with the same problem. It never gets past that logo display.

I was kind of hoping there was some sort of hard reset button combination I could use to get it back on track but I'm about to give up and google isn't helping.

I thought maybe somehow I could get it going again by plugging it into my USB port on my PC but my computer now says it's an unrecognized device.

I'll try FLIR support Tuesday. I'm working all day until late Monday.

This is frustrating...

You are correct but it's probably not a battery issue... I've contacted FLIR and they're having me send it in for repair or replacement.

Well.... Sigh....

Here we are most of the way through January and still no repair or replacement unit. Apparently mine was beyond repair and FLIR is backordered on another unit.

Don't get a wrong. I'm still a FLIR fan but this is no fun at all...

Signed... Frustrated in NW Florida...
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: LDhunterWell.... Sigh....

Here we are most of the way through January and still no repair or replacement unit. Apparently mine was beyond repair and FLIR is backordered on another unit.

Don't get a wrong. I'm still a FLIR fan but this is no fun at all...

Signed... Frustrated in NW Florida...
frown.gif

I'm sorry for your issues. This is a really tough time of the year to get a thermal whether new or a replacement. I experienced issues with a Pulsar Trail last year around this same time, and Pulsar had the same issue where they didn't have any inventory to replace the scope. It is a huge pain.

Thursday of this week I just happened to be home and a FedEx buy knocked on the door and he handed me a box with a BRAND NEW Flir Scout TK in it and I took it out hunting last night and it seems to be fine.

I kind of wish that Flir would have sent me a shipping notice so I could be looking for it but at least I got it back.

I'm probably going to be replacing it with a Pulsar Helion XP38.

I want that 640 clarity. My Flir PTS 233 is only 320 but it's AMAZING and I now crave MORE!!! LOL

$bob$

Back