Snowing and windy night

Junkyarddog

First time posting, I do like reading what other people have to say , their stories and techniques . I’ve learned a lot from this site.
Thursday night I looked outside around 9:00 pm and as it was not snowing and the temp was 25 degrees I decided to go hunting. It has not been the best hunting conditions this year and I had not hunted for the last week and a half.
So loaded up the Jeep pulled out of garage and it was snowing a little and the closer I got to my hunting spot there was more snow falling and the wind had picked up.Well I drive around the area that I was going to hunt and thought maybe I’ll make a howl just to see if uthere was any nearby. I howled with my voice and they lit up. So I got back behind them the next road over and tried “nothing’ snow and wind blowing. When I went to pick up my Foxpro my tracks had filled in.
Drove back to where I had howled the first time, they howl back. I move and go back in a different way , a lot closer, howl with my voice . 2 seconds a coyote was 50ft away looking at me, they were just over the ridge. I did not get a shot ,there were eyes in the field for a couple of seconds no shot again. Messed with them for awhile figured it was over.
Then I got eyes again out in the same field. Turned up the scope, Coyote sitting in the field he kept looking back behind him. Longest shot of For me ,150yards . Tried for the mate she wouldn’t come in. 39 pound male . I little long winded I know
Thanks again
Junkyarddog

Don't worry about being long-winded. We love stories of what worked and what didn't. You can sweeten the story with photos and videos. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to Predator Masters ! Congrats on your first kill !!! You will always remember your first !

Try this posting site. If you need some help send me a private message (pm)
Mick

IMGBB / pic posting

https://imgbb.com/

After loading your pictures
1. Click on picture you want to post.
2. Click on Embed codes
3. Scroll down to FULL IMAGE LINKED - BBcode-click on the img like I have on line 4. It will then say copy. Come back here and paste it when posting.

url]

Thank you Pa Mick
BTW my son helped me with it I had no clue your information helped a lot
Also not my first coyote it was no.10 but sure do remember my first.

https://ibb.co/PM0BjPD

White sock red Fox
I had to go pickup some paperwork for business,so I waited till late around 11:00pm thinking I could make a couple games . On my way over and maybe a few on my way home. First spot 30 seconds in had eyes coming up thru the woods , I was hoping for a coyote but realized it was a red Fox came into the field within 30 yards nice medium size female with unique white socks on its back feet getting it tanned blanked on rest of the night.But liking Mrs.McCottontail sound 2 reds and 2 grays with it

Last edited:
2. Click on Embed codes
3. Scroll down to FULL IMAGE LINKED - BBcode-click on the img . It will then say copy. Tap copy. Come back here and paste it when posting.

Congrats on the fox !

Back