ATN Thor LT @ Shot Show. $1,199

I remember the story very well. My point was the "death sentence " verbiage..... Murder signifies intent. She didn't intend to kill a human being.

I'm on the opposite side of the fence from the majority here. I could careless if they bring a product to the table that is sub par, hunters just have to use intelligence when using them. Same intelligence has to be used with my Trijicon. Do I think the product will suck, absolutely. But, I think it will have its place out there. I don't believe sub par product should be blamed for all the scenarios listed above; the shooter should be. I have a gut feeling that lady in the article would have shot that guy on his hands and knees using a Trijicon as well.

In all cases I'm going to blame the hunter, and not the tool. If you can't ID, don't take the shot. And most people in this group follow that protocol. Just funny to watch this spiral on how ATN releasing this is going to cause so many dead deer and human beings that something will have to be done. I just don't see that happening. Not looking to get into a pi$$ing match, just my view.

Splitting hairs, I wasn't trying to be a jerk. But, I would be hard pressed to guess this lady even did jail time for that. Either way, shouldn't have happened. And I'm guessing she was a rookie thermal user.

Originally Posted By: BocephussSplitting hairs, I wasn't trying to be a jerk. But, I would be hard pressed to guess this lady even did jail time for that. Either way, shouldn't have happened. And I'm guessing she was a rookie thermal user. yeah, ive not been able to locate any more information concerning the outcome of this matter. I'm sure there is a civil lawsuit filed against her on top of the fact that she's going to have to live with that guilt for forever.

Last edited:
I agree that even though the scope is cheap it shouldn’t be used to hunt with. The clarity in a scope isn’t needed so much to convince yourself what you see IS a coyote but rather IS NOT a coyote when that’s what your looking for if that makes since. The other night while calling And scanning with a xp 28 i counted 20 deer feeding and bedded down in the same field we were in. I decided to look thru my nv scope to see if there were any of any size. (Not to shoot them) the first two were does feeding the third was another coyote looking doe bedded down the fourth was another doe... hey wait a minute I thought... I went back to the third doe in line and it infact was a coyote. They were right around the 200 yard mark. What I’m trying to point out is that it’s easy for your brain to see what you want to see. I’ve logged several hours behind a thermal scanner that has a better picture than some thermal scope but a lot of times I have to look thru scope Id when I’m not sure what I’m looking at. I will say though that mistakes are easy to make and happen fast. You can’t get a bullet you shoot back. And like most of you I don’t think I’d want to trust that on a the lowest resolution scope I could find.

I wish I'd read this prior to purchasing a Thor LT 4-8. Can't tell the difference between a coon and a opossum on the bait pile at 115 yards. I told my wife the I don't think I could tell the difference between a fox and our cat at 100+ yards. That was enough for her. Sending it back and getting a Thor 4 640 1-10.

Back