swagger bipod

jmeddy

Anybody try these? pricey but seems like a good idea. I have been using bipods for 5 yrs & tried sticks but in my hill country with grass/weeds as ground cover I many times have to raise the whole shebang which is toooo much movement, even at night when I do most of my hunting. Also have a trigger stick tripod & a trigger stick bipod that are ok like the Harris bipods but I don't like carrying them.

Thanks in advance, Mike

Had never heard of it. So I googled.

One of the most annoying websites I've seen in recent memory. Got a good chuckle out of the big "Made in USA" logo though - with the "made in china" text going around the "Made in USA". One of the worst logos I've ever seen, I think?

That trendy jittery seizure inducing video playing just turned me off cold. I guess that stuff appeals to the millenials? Makes me want to pull the plug on the computer just to make it stop.

No idea if the product is any good, couldn't get past the gawd awful marketing blast to the face of a website. Looks like they turned it over to a second year marketing student who tried to go over the top with every single marketing gimmick they think they have learned.

Whole thing just reeks of gimmicky and image based rather than results based. Even the name rings hollow to me. Probably do okay with the "operator", catchy graphic t-shirt, flat brimmed cap, energy drink crowd though?

I'll pass...

- DAA

sheesh, not even a pause button on that video...........but if you click the products link you can escape it lol.
bipod looks neat but for that money I'd just as soon buy another rifle and set it up at my 6 o'clock.
Not trying to highjack this thread but on the subject of annoying advertisements.......
I enjoy watching the show Carnivore but there are two commercials that really bother me. One is the dude who says he measures his effective range in zipcodes. The other has a swimsuit model and a dude possibly on roids both with their faces painted advertising some scent blocking stuff or something acting like they are hunting some dangerous terrorists rather than an herbivore.

its a cattle feed company, they just moved into their new building in downtown Grand Island NE this summer...its a neat concept but it looks really bulky. ill have to try and swing in and see if i can put my hands on one

girlfriend got me one for Christmas.
installed it, set the legs on the lowest setting and placed it on the living room floor. an hour or so later the gun randomly fell over.
upon inspection I found that one of the spring steel legs snapped off.

didn't even get to use it.... major fail!

now i guess I get to pay shipping to get it fixed.

Originally Posted By: BleedsBluegirlfriend got me one for Christmas.
installed it, set the legs on the lowest setting and placed it on the living room floor. an hour or so later the gun randomly fell over.
upon inspection I found that one of the spring steel legs snapped off.

didn't even get to use it.... major fail!

now i guess I get to pay shipping to get it fixed.

Wow that sucks!

Well, I got a set of tall swaggers 3 wks. ago & can say that they will stay on the gun! I've been out 11 times for 28 sits with them working as good as I had hoped. There is some bulk but they seem to ride my shoulder better than with the Caldwells. They are heavier but not so much that makes a difference. With scope, light & its mount the savage already weighed more than I wished so what diff does another 8oz. mean (over the regular bipods). The "vero vellini" strap does cushion the wt. a lot.
Some said "gadget". Yep they are but they work for me & I am about as far from a "gadget man" as you can get.
The tall were suggested to me by "furseeker" here & they do work for both my ground seat & my chair--27.5" bipods did not work for both so when using the chair my total wt. carried is reduced almost 3# because I also carried the trigger sticks.

Any how just wanted to give my take on them. Mike Eddy

I really dont see much of use for these. It has almost all the short comings of standard gun mounted bypod. I used standard bypod for a year then changed to my bogpod bipod. Better in almost every way.

I am looking at getting one for my night hunting gun. I have a nice kill light mounted on my rifle and can't scan with it very well with my bipod. Any others out there that made the change to.this bipod? It would go on a ad 15 platform.

I am looking at getting one for my night hunting gun. I have a nice kill light mounted on my rifle and can't scan with it very well with my bipod. Any others out there that made the change to.this bipod? It would go on a AR 15 platform.

Last edited:
I have used about every type of shooting sticks made. Even tried the longest Harris bipod which was too short for me. The swagger is the answer to a lot of conditions. I have the tall one and really like mine.

I have shot off of Stoney Point shooting sticks for years. They have worked well for me but it was just one more thing to carry. Never like the rigidity and level issues of traditional bipods. The Swagger seems to solve those issues. Got a deal on 2 of them so I bought one for me and one as a Christmas present for a buddy. Had mine out a few times and have messed with it in the house. Time will tell, but so far, it seems to be a great addition to my gear. At night I prefer to be hands free so I use a Caldwell Deadshot Magnum field pod, which I LOVE.

I've always used shooting sticks, but decided to try the Hunter series 42 on my main coyote rifle,which is a fairly heavy AR15 and 24in heavy barrel. Worked great for me. I now have them on all of my hunting rifles, even some AR10's with heavy barrel configurations. I used them for night hunting as well before going to a carbon fiber tripod set up due to hunting solo and using thermal.

Do any of you guys have the 29” model? I ordered a set today and I’m hoping they will be long enough while sitting on the ground for most situations. I’ve got a old set of stony point sticks I’ve used for probably 15 years or so and I love them but they can be annoying to move in a hurry

I have a set of the short ones and unless your on an extreme angle it will be plenty long enough to sit and shoot off the ground with em!

IMO it’s a tool and a darn good tool to have!

Back