Using a SWFA scope

canineshooter

I've been reading about these scopes for years. I finally had to try one for myself.
Last year during their Tax day sale I was going to order milquad 6 or 10 power but they were sold out. They still had the 3x9HD available. Mounted it on my Tikka T3 25-06. Been shooting 115 Ballistic Tips for years in an accurate load. Started shooting steel plates out to 550 yards laying prone with a bipod. I've shot 1 coyote at 380 yards and another at 430 yards. I know they're not that long of range compared to some shooters around here. I've had a leupold varmint retical for years.
For me dialing up to the range and holding into the wind using the retical seems to be more precise.
I'm cheap. I've tried other inexpensive scopes dialing for elevation. They all failed. Never spending money for a Nightforce or other higher cost scope. If you want to try dialing without spending a lot SWFA scopes look like a good value.

Agree... I have several SS 10X scopes and have had them out to 1100 yards plus many times.

Solid construction, absolute return to zero, positive turret clicks, respectable glass.

Hands down the best value in the scope market.

24hourcampfire is where I've read the most info about them. The mil quad retical and mil elevations match. If I think I need 2.5 mills of elevation but don't have time to turn knobs I can just hold the retical over 2.5 mills. Old news for many but a new system for me.

I have a used 3-15x showing up tomorrow, glad to hear all the favorable reviews, I think it will be on my 25-06 by tomorrow night.

I've had most of their models and been fairly happy with most. the 20x not so much but the 16x good to go. 20 was just not bright enough in twilight. The 3-9 is may favorite. On the the 6x I liked the mil dot version better than the mil quad but 10x and higher the milquad really helps. They have started making some with a MOA based reticle now also that I haven't had but would probably like cause the math is easy. Nice also that Kenton Industries will engrave custom knobs for your caliber and bullet selection for them.

Back