Locust/Blackwood

ohioyotehntr

Custom Call Maker
Just wanted to show this little dude off. I really liked how this combo turned out. It’s Black Locust crosscut with a Blackwood mouthpiece and ring on the end of the body. Call is not for sale
KUgfCr2.jpg

ohioyotehntr said:
Just wanted to show this little dude off. I really liked how this combo turned out. It’s Black Locust crosscut with a Blackwood mouthpiece and ring on the end of the body. Call is not for sale
KUgfCr2.jpg

Awe man, what a tease!! Cool looking call

WMH your right What a Teaser--I hope this is a new model so we all can have one
smile.gif
--I'll take one in cherry burl----Very Nice call Bud NOW GET TO TURNING
thumbup.gif

svb

Last edited:
Black Locust is very hard and will dull a chainsaw very quickly.
It puts out good heat as firewood but smells bad.
Honey Locust is just as hard but smells much better burning.
Nice call makeup.

Thanks a lot for the great comments everyone. I love doing endgrain stuff. An old member frshwtr got me started on doing it years ago. It’s a pain and hard on tools but the results are awesome. I can see my trying some more of this in the future. Gotta remember where I got this stuff from! Lol
Tripod you are so correct. Either Locust is hard on tools. Turning this stuff crosscut on a wood lathe will straight beat you up. And dulls my carbide tools! Osage is another that is great for firewood and makes just as great of a call. I love it!!

Thanks guys! Larry carbides are the way to go. But honestly between this, Osage and some really old growth Oak, turning endgrain stuff even beats those up. But the results of endgrain turns are worth the work

Back