Kimber Customer Service

LUCKYDOG

I know we all have different experiences with different companies but I can only speak of mine. I will never buy another Kimber, not because of their product but because of their customer service. I have owned a few Kimber pistols and now my first Kimber rifle. I had some concerns with barrel not being free floated because it was touching in several places. I called several times and was only able to talk to a lady named Dawn. She knew I was frustrated and wanted to talk with an experienced Kimber tech. She would not let me talk to anyone. In stead she would ask me questions and put me on hold and then come back with the answer of put it in a box and ship it back. I asked her to PLEASE let me speak with a technician before I shipped my gun back and she refused.

If I am going to spend the kind of money a Kimber rifle cost, I want better customer service than that.

Last edited:
They told me the reason that my rifle wouldn't shoot better than 1.5 moa was because I could not handle the recoil. I asked them if that's why I could hold one moa at a mile with my 50? They were not the best to deal with. A higher up at Kimber heard through the grapevine that there was an unsatisfied customer, he called me. He understood my concerns, but there was nothing to be done about it.
I sold the rifle.

A friend of mine bought a Kimber rifle. The fluting on the barrel was not aligned the way it should have been. I know this is purely a cosmetic issue but when you pay that much for a rifle it should look good as well as shoot good. He said Kimber wouldn't do anything about it and he paid a smith to re-head space and index the flutes.

My rifle was shooting okay, I just wanted an advertised floated barrel to be floated. I could tell the girl didn't know what she was talking about because she didn't know the difference between a fluted and a floated barrel. The fact that she wouldn't let me get past her to talk to someone that knew what they were talking about, is beyond me. She could have even told me they were busy and they would call me back. I would have been fine with that.

I had quite a go around with them on a 1911. I won the battle but it shouldn't been so hard to get the issue resolved. The last Kimber 1911 I bought had a crap load of issues and I didn't waste time with it. My dealer refunded the money to me for another in store purchase. The very first Kimber 1911 I bought years ago was excellent. However that's two out of three Kimber 1911's that had issues. No more for me.

It's not any better at the dealer level either. They can get past the woman blocker at the front desk and are still in for a serious argument.
I have seen the problems with brand new models received in and sat there through the dealer-manufacturer conversations.
It didn't take any thinking to decide another Kimber was not in my future.

I've also had a bad experience with Kimbers customer service over a handgun issue... This particular pistol came with Crimson laser grips... Shortly after I purchased the pistol one of the grips started to warp and pull away from the frame... I contacted Kimber and they told me to take it up with Crimson... Crimson told me it was on Kimber... Back and forth multiple times... Finally sold the pistol and washed my hands of both of them...

I hate to hear this about Kimber's customer service. A couple years ago I reluctantly bought a Kimber rifle. I love the gun and it's an unbelievable shooter. I hope I never have try out the apparent customer no service.
Bobby

I need to buy some lottery tickets. I have 7 Kimbers and couldn't be happier. I needed a floor plate to install on a Kimber 84M that I was customizing and didn't want to use a Classic floor plate, but instead a Classic Select. After contacting customer service and telling them what I wanted and why, they sent me one free.

Well K22 that's good to hear. Maybe she was just having a bad day or she's just a bad employee that works for a good company. I have been happy with every Kimber I have owned and I have never needed customer service before. I'm sure not ready to give up my new rifle, I know that for sure. I really wish I could find an email address for someone higher up in the company to let them know my concerns but that phone number is all I could find and she is the only one who has answered it when I call.

Try a letter to:
Gregory Grogan
Kimber Mfg. Inc.
1120 Saw Mill River Road
Yonkers, NY 10710

"Grogan will have overall responsibility for the company's growing operations footprint,
including oversight of manufacturing, quality, engineering, product management, and sales and marketing."

I have not dealt with Kimber lately but when I did they were quick to help.

As for the OP's barrel not being floated it is not a complicated repair and I would rather do it myself than send it back to Kimber.

BTW if it shoots good I'd keep it as is and not touch a thing.

I've got a 10mm Eclipse that shoots about ~8" high at 17 yards with the factory night sights. It's sit useless for about 5-6 years. Always planned on sending it back to Kimber, but have managed to procrastinated the call so far. You guys aren't helping...

If your 10mm functions and is accurate you probably just need a different height front sight. That's an easy fix that doesn't require you to involve Kimber at all. Kimber manufactures three different length 1911's. They have 3", 4" and 5" guns and it isn't uncommon for them to get the wrong front sight on the wrong slide. It happened to me with a Tactical Pro 4" that shot about 12" - 16" high at 25 yards. If the gun won't run reliably or is inaccurate it is more likey a barrel fit issue.

Originally Posted By: GCIf your 10mm functions and is accurate you probably just need a different height front sight. That's an easy fix that doesn't require you to involve Kimber at all. That's poor quality control and should be corrected at Kimber's expense.

True you can buy your own new front night sight, and buy a sight pusher or pay a gunsmith to install it. Around here that's going to cost $100 plus the wait time normally several weeks minimum. Some users are not allowed to perform work on their own guns depending on it's intended use like duty use. And you better hope you ordered the correct height front sight or else you might have to do it all over again. All for something that should have been done correctly at the factory.

I have a Glock with factory night sights with the same issue. Everything I can find online says they installed the wrong front sight at the factory and it's common on that model. One of my Sigs had the same issue.

Factory NS are usually a good deal, but not if they do it wrong.

Originally Posted By: coleridgeI've got a 10mm Eclipse that shoots about ~8" high at 17 yards with the factory night sights. It's sit useless for about 5-6 years. Always planned on sending it back to Kimber, but have managed to procrastinated the call so far. You guys aren't helping...

I purchased a new government model Kimber .45 maybe 16 or 17 years ago. It had fixed night sights and it too would print either low or high, I can't remember now which. A phone call to Kimber took care of the problem. I returned the slide to them and they replaced the front sight promptly, no charge. Now it impacts where I aim and is very accurate and easy to shoot well. Haven't had any other issues with it since.

Apparently customer service and quality were better back then compared to now from the reports I am reading. That's sad to hear, but if they continue down this path then they will feel it where it hurts most. Word will get out and probably already has.

Back