FoxPro INFERNO Problems

soup

Folks
I’m an old guy brand new Coyote / Fox hunting
I purchased an INFERNO right from FP 2 years ago at a big sports show in Harrisburg PA
Used it once , no issues , removed the batteries and put it away in my house.
Put new batteries in last night and I can’t get any sound to play .
Again new batteries in the call and remote, the unit was turned on even the decoy bird doesn’t move .
I called FP and they suggested I send it back .
I’m just wondering if anyone may have come across this situation and have a fix before I ship it back
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration
Soup

Last edited:
Only thing that I can think of is double check that all of the batteries good and are oriented right. If you have even 1 bad or reversed it won't work. Been there, done that.

That was the problem . One battery -even though new - wasn't giving me enough juice when I put them on a meter . Replaced it -back in lack of action ( I'm an old guy but brand new rookie style predator hunter )
Thank you for your good advice . I'm hunting in New Jersey , in the teens right now -hows battery life with the Fusion ?
soup

Glad you figured it out.
Do yourself a favor and buy quality rechargeable's and a quality charger. I use Sanyo (now Panasonic) and a Powerex charger . I have had this combo for 5 trouble free years, never had to replace even 1 battery and I use them A LOT. They will more than pay for themselves in less than one season.
The Fusion, like all Foxpro's, eats batteries. Unless you own a battery company you'll go broke unless you use rechargeable's. 8 batteries every 2 nights, do the math.

I’m taking your advice. I looked up the chargers and there is a bunch made by the company you mentioned. What model should I look for .
Also saw Sanyo batteries and they were 14.95 a pair Does that sound right ?
Thanks again for your prompt response and consideration.
Soup

Back