CATurday

DesertRam

Director
Staff member
Many of you know that Matt1953 and I have hunted together for several years now. Some of you know that we usually have decent success and a darn fine time. What you probably don't know is that he and I have both been trying for many years to call in and kill a New Mexico bobcat. This past weekend we got to try again - me with my dad and son over in western NM and he with some other hunting buddies over in eastern NM - and danged if we weren't both finally successful on the SAME DAY!

On Saturday, Matt called in this great tomcat, which responded to a bird sound in less than a minute! That's 33 pounds of fast acting fun for Matt!

Matt19Jan2019Bobcat1-L.jpg

Matt19Jan2019Bobcat2-L.jpg

Meanwhile, clear on the other side of the state, I got a crack at my first New Mexico cat too. This nice female came sneaking in after more than 17 minutes of mixed bird and rabbit distress sounds. What made this hunt particularly special was having my son on stand with me, and my dad just up the hill from us watching it all unfold. What's better than three generations of hunters going afield and finally reaching a long-held goal?

Troy19Jan2019Bobcat1-L.jpg

Troy19Jan2019Bobcat2-L.jpg

WTG & Three generations hunting together is very special.
Tks for sharing.
My dad & son & I did some grouse & goose hunting in Michigan many years ago.

Congratulations, it is always fun to read about your hunts with you kids a friends. Congrats on the NM bobcat.

Nice Job Matt he's a beauty.

Thanks Eric Mo and everyone else. I’m lucky to have a friend like Troy. He is a great family man and it is so good to see him so involved with them hunting.

Last edited:
Back