Vadalized vehicle while on stand

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
I had a so-called friend steal a 45 pistol from me one time. His wife told me he had it and she was willing to testify. I couldn't get any law enforcement to do anything about it.

You should have called any Democrat congress critter, they hate guns. Tell them the cops won't help you.

Originally Posted By: Jay03Takes some nerves messing with a hunters vehicle, it happens during big game rifle seasons at the coast here quite a bit. I imagine its territorial/competition for the area. Locals vs non locals type of thing. Even still, you know hunters are armed and could be headed back to the vehicle and any moment, surprising that they take the risk. Some people suck!

On a Stand last week as I was walking out, hunting on state trust land, I watched someone pull behind my vehicle get out and take some pics of my vehicle. Didn't notice them doing damages as I watched them through my rifle scope.

Gets me thinking. I think a lot of us park right off the road with our vehicle in sight. Laser pointer, not bad but have to be in sight of truck. I like the trail cam idea, but who wants to take the time to set up or find and set one up. I wonder if putting some type of visible sign (maybe with reflective tape) saying a trail cam is set up on truck; or Hunting coyotes with permission and Night Vision equipment in sight of this vehicle. Something along those lines. What do you think? I've had people drive by slow and 1 person stopped and got out with me just yards from them. They were a little surprised when I walked up carrying my rifle and asking what they wanted.

Korey sorry to hear this, that sucks, my brother and I are out and about a few times a week as well, which direction from fargo were you hunting, I can ask around, my wife’s family is northwest (mayville, Hatton, northwood) of fargo, right around that 60 mile mark, I got some buddies in the copperstown area, I can ask, and my brother lives in Gwinner, he could ask around if he’s heard anything.
It also makes me nervous that this happens, people have no decency anymore, I am thinking the post about a laser light or spot light of some sort wouldn’t be a bad thing to carry now,

I was just SE of Valley City about 6 miles. The Sheriffs dept informed me this road is known for issues. Close enough to town to get various travelers but far enough to make people feel safe to do bad tnings. The owner of the tire shop as well as my tow truck driver have kids in the local high school. They said they will have their kids keep their ears open in case somebody is bragging about popping somebody’s tires this last weekend. Hopefully, some dumb kids will brag about it and get caught.

My insurance company got a hold of me today and said they will cover the towing bill and four new tires minus my $250 comp deductible. I can’t complain about getting a new set of tires for $250. It’s more about the hassle, loss of hunting time, and the nasty feeling that comes from senseless vandalism. Thanks everyone for your caring comments and ideas.

Man this state is loosing what it used to be known for. That sucks I have a little story about something that happened to me. I was calling some plots land signs were there for plots and showed up on my gps as plots land. So I head in and setup. I get setup and I’m waiting a few minutes to start calling. There’s a great looking draw right in front of me about 300-400 in front of me. Right before I’m going to start calling I notice a truck coming down the rode. He stops and is just sitting there on the road right by the draw. Then they drive towards me stop right across from me. Next thing you know I hear a shot and seen snow fly 10-20 feet behind me and 20-30’ i front of me. Well now I’m freaked the [beeep] out I just grab my stuff pack up very fast and they drive off very fast drove right by my truck and never stopped luckily I was worried they were going to do something to it. I so freaked out I didn’t really have a discription of the vechicle so I didn’t even report it imagine probably should have. Anyways I called a friend on the way home he told me he wouldn’t call it in either since I didn’t have a very good description of the vechicle. I don’t know why they shot at me don’t know if they thought I was a coyote which makes no sense they were glassing me I know it plus to shoot at something from that distance I gurantee they had a scope. I was about 650-700 yards off the road. Just a little freaky incident. This was up in NW North Dakota.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zr600Man this state is loosing what it used to be known for. That sucks I have a little story about something that happened to me. I was calling some plots land signs were there for plots and showed up on my gps as plots land. So I head in and setup. I get setup and I’m waiting a few minutes to start calling. There’s a great looking draw right in front of me about 300-400 in front of me. Right before I’m going to start calling I notice a truck coming down the rode. He stops and is just sitting there on the road right by the draw. Then they drive towards me stop right across from me. Next thing you know I hear a shot and seen snow fly 10-20 feet behind me and 20-30’ i front of me. Well now I’m freaked the [beeep] out I just grab my stuff pack up very fast and they drive off very fast drove right by my truck and never stopped luckily I was worried they were going to do something to it. I so freaked out I didn’t really have a discription of the vechicle so I didn’t even report it imagine probably should have. Anyways I called a friend on the way home he told me he wouldn’t call it in either since I didn’t have a very good description of the vechicle. I don’t know why they shot at me don’t know if they thought I was a coyote which makes no sense they were glassing me I know it plus to shoot at something from that distance I gurantee they had a scope. I was about 650-700 yards off the road. Just a little freaky incident. This was up in NW North Dakota. That is even worse. At least my life wasn't in immediate danger except if I would have frozen to death. That is even more scary.

Glad to hear your insurance company is taking care of you Korey.
Need to make a fluorescent orange sign to stick in our vehicle windows when hunting that says: "if you can read this, you are in my crosshairs".....I know, I know landowners and Game Wardens wouldn't approve.

Back