ATN better watch out!

Don't you just love to see new products! Companies are beginning to respond to hunter demands. Technology marches on.

Wonder what the fov is at 4x?

Just wondering. While all these night vision and thermal units are appealing and fun does anyone besides me have a problem adding another two lbs. to their weapon of choice?
These units take a 8 lb. rifle and make it a 10 lb. plus.

Last edited:

Steve, the scopes do add a bit more weight to a rifle. I guess we all just suck it up and live with it for the advantage of night vision. When I first got started in NV several years ago, it was with an ATN Spartan 410 that was about heavy as an anvil. That, on top of my 20" AR was no joy to carry, but I did get used to it after a while and didn't seem to mind it as much. Now that scope was heavy compaired to most of todays models. I managed to drop coyotes with it though and that made me feel somewhat better about it.

As to thermal scopes, the Pulsars at least are not too bad, lighter than I expected actually. The trend nowadays is for less bulky and less weight.

Here's an example of a "big" scope. But hey, it worked.

46842885492_c1f967b63f_b.jpg

46842885442_9df3d3c1e4_b.jpg

46842885452_2365f7e8fa_b.jpg

I was just curious. When I hunt I try to keep it as simple and light as possible. A lot of guys are now also carrying tri & bi pods for support.
I shoot off hand because I don't want to be lugging around another item. For me it is just another thing to carry, forget, or lose. I do have a thermal for scanning but have been hesitant to add more weight to the rifle.
To old school I guess.

Slick, yeah it's a 300 four trax. I purchased it new in December 1995 (it's a 1996 model). It's been a good one and still is. This past summer it got it's first set of replacement tires. Can't argue with the quality.

my opinion (and lots of others guys opinion), they are one of the best atv's ever made. not to big and not to small. they are just right. lol

they will run forever, bullet proof and will go anywhere a guy has the huevos to try and take em. Honda got about everything right when the designed the 300 four trax.

i bought mine new it 1993. still running the original tires but it is time for a new set. low, low hours on mine. since all my elk hunting buds have passed or gave the elk hunting up, i hardly ever use it anymore.

thinking real serious about selling it. somebody really should be using it.

Gunslinger, be sure to give a good post of reviews, pros and cons once you get the scope. I am interested in that one too.

When are you expecting the scope?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Gunslinger, be sure to give a good post of reviews, pros and cons once you get the scope. I am interested in that one too.

When are you expecting the scope?

Should be here in two weeks according to the seller.

I was always a big fan of my Photon XT, but it lacked some of the features I wanted.
I had 2 xsight II's and didn't care for the over abundance of features

This looks to fit right in between those two scopes.

Not sure if it'll top my RXQ30v thermal, but who knows?

I'll be sure to post when I get it.

my regular Nikon Rifle Scope adds two pounds to my 7 lb AR15. So this day/night scope would do about the same but I can use it at night too. I'd go for that if the price is right.

I do hear you about adding extra weight to the rifle. Hopefully people won't have to carry the rifle/scope very far if it weights ten pounds.

Originally Posted By: Corn FedWhat seller did you buy the wraith from?

Midwayusa. They’ve been pretty good on returns. Just in case it sucks.

Originally Posted By: gunslinger81Went ahead and just ordered the wraith. Can't wait to see how it stacks up.

Cool. I will be interested to hear how you like it. Price looks very reasonable to me.

why wont these folks come up with something that uses 18650's or cr123's so we can use high quality rechargeables in these setups. then they could even build in a USB based charging system. if they can cram an onboard charger into a tiny flashlight, there's room for one in the electronics compartment of an optic.

sure the commonality of AA is nice, but 4 packs of energizer lithium get pricey if you forget to turn the optic off a couple times post hunting, or between stands.

i'm sorry to grouse about this, but reusable lithium battery technology is better than its EVER been, and it drives me bonkers when portable electronics folks refuse to step into the 20th century (yes i'm being sarcastic, so save the correction) and use modern electronic advances. Its 2019, not 1999....

Back