Flickr adding limits

Stu Farish

Director / Webmaster
Staff member
1000 pics free, after that you pay. They'll start deleting any over 1000 next month, oldest first.

What else is out there?

I use Imgur and am very happy with it. I have never used Flickr so I can't compare the two, but Imgur is %1000 better and easier than PhotoBucket was when it was free.
I don't know what, if any, limits Imgur has.

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrI use Imgur and am very happy with it. I have never used Flickr so I can't compare the two, but Imgur is %1000 better and easier than PhotoBucket was when it was free.
I don't know what, if any, limits Imgur has....YET.

Fixed it for you.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: DesertRamI use and like SmugMug. I pay about 50 bucks a year and don't worry about it any more. Simple. I like simple.

At least Flickr did not use strongarm tactics and hijack our pictures. $46/year for unlimited photo hosting w/no ads didn't sound too unreasonable to me, either.

I'm sure crapshoot is right, sooner or later I'm sure they will all start charging.

Regards,
hm

I use Imgur and it is free to use. It is easy to use, but since I have never used Flickr, I can't make a comparison for you. I don't know if Imgur has a limit on the number of photos you can store or the number of megabytes of storage that might be the maximum???

I use both imgur and postimages. Figure if one starts playing
the "stick if to 'em" game like photophuket, I'll just transfer
to the other.

Back