Seat/Chair. What does everyone find to be the best?

I use the speedy yote kickstand vest. I have one in snow camo and one in Cabelas O2 Octane. There's a good pocket up front for my Fusion, extra holders for bullets and other pockets for calls, pruning sheers, extra gloves, etc. My only gripe is that the padded seat cushion doesn't stay up very well when walking.

Originally Posted By: Jim ByersJust ordered a sly dog myself..

Just got tired of lugging a bunch of stuff. Should work well for my purposes...

They are the most comfortable ground sest ive found. I bet ive been through 20 seats and slydog is the one. i filled the bag with the small heat a seat beanbags to set on top of the pad if the grass is a bit too tall for sitting directly on the ground.

I use a soft-sided stadium seat similar to the Browning Cushion in turkeyhunters pic above. I cover it with a burlap bag cut to fit. I add snaps to the end of the straps to carry hands-free around my waist, and sew the side straps closer to the seat to make it so it actually works for back support.

I totally get the struggle with the stiff back. I stumbled upon this awesome ergonomic office chair at a thrift store – super comfy and a game-changer for my back. It's become my go-to for both work and leisure. Check out local secondhand spots—you might find a gem like I did! I've also bought some furniture at this site, so check it out. Good luck!

Last edited:
I found a small foldable camp stool on amazon that weighs about1 lb and is 12" high. It is nothing more than a 12" square seat with no back support but with a tripod I find it to be very stable to shoot from although I would not want to use it for hours at a time. I got a 2 pack for $22. When folded up it is about 3" x 12". I am only 5-10 if you are a big guy these would be to small.

I been using a hotseat for many years. I throw it over the barrel of my gun and go. Been thinking of getting some kind of chair that would have me off the ground close to the height of a lawn chair but not bulking and yet easy to grab and go.

Love my SlyDog G&P. Have yet to find something elevated that I really like. Usually just use a cheap 3 legged folding stool or a simple folding web seat if it’s muddy.

A flat pad if its wet, or nothing at all if its dry. Chairs are a pain to pack and in the course of a stand I may go from sitting to prone, or go from rifle to shotgun. If multiples come, there are too many scenarios where I may be shooting in any direction in a hurry. Also, not much cover here so you would stick out like a sore thumb sitting on a stool. I could see the elevation helping in the brush country, but not here.

Back