Nosler 20gr HP 17HH load data

speraz

Has anyone had any luck reloading the 20gr HP in a 17 Hornady Hornet with 2200 or 1680. I have some on order, just looking for some info.
Thanks

I have loaded some of the hollow points, just use the v-max data, they are both flat base bullets and have nearly the same shape. I used 1680, between 11 and 12 grains, where ever you find the accuracy.

Killed a ground squirrel at 356 yards with 20 grain Berger HP last year. I was using AA-1680 with CCI BR primers. It was the money maker that day. I have few of those bullets left and I am going to use them sparingly.

Thank guys, I have a pound of 1680 on the way. I was struggling with 2200 to achieve MOA or better with the 20 hp's. My savage 25 WV is a tack driver with everything else, most groups .5'' or better. Hope the powder change tightens my groups up a bit.

Received my 1680 power and have several loads from 11.0 -12.2gr ready to test if the weather ever clears. I always load 6 rounds to test, 1 fouler and then 5rounds to record data. I use a Caldwell chorno and iPhone app. Not the best unit but it has served its purpose well. Having the data on my phone and a hand written journal is very helpful when reviewing all the different recipes I've tested.
I also mounted a new scope with some additional magnification (24x) to see if that will also help....Im bored.

Back