Winchester varmint X shotgun shells BBs

50 yards is a long way for lead BB shot. The lead BB's are lacking penetration at that range. At that distance good old No. Four Buckshot or a tungsten shot (NOT STEEL) of BB or T shot is much better.

They patterned great for me but only shot one coyote last year with it. I can't seem to get more than three in the magazine of my Mossberg. Seem to be about 1/8 inch longer than anything else.

They do pattern well. Just have to remember that the individual pellets are still just lead BB. Within lead BB range you can wallop a coyote with them. If Winchester would combine that shotshell technology with a denser than lead tungsten pellet they would have a killer shell.

I could not get them to pattern well for me. I tried a bunch of different chokes. I went back to #4 buck for my shotgun on coyotes.

I just did a pattern check today using that same load in my model 1300 winchester, 1 shot with the Carlson coyote choke tub and 1 shot with the Modified choke, had 14 pellets inside the 10" circle with the Carlson tub and 11 inside the 10" circle with the Winchester Modified choke,the shoots where from 40YDS, I'am using the Carlson tub.

Keep your shots inside 40 yards, shoot them in the head, be prepared to shoot them again quickly. Post those kill pictures!

Back