Ford Eco-Boost??

Well, they didn't pay back the TAXPAYER'S MONEY, then they DID lay off thousands of workers. So, GM uninformed boy put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I'll still drive a GM over a Ford. I don't buy new anyways, so my money doesn't go to GM, but to local used car dealerships or private owners. So, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Everyone that drives a Ford in western PA is stuck with a rusted out POS after three years. Ain't worth the money.

But in the real world chevy sucks lol
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSBut in the real world chevy sucks lol
tt2.gif

That is the real world for Chevy owners since we actually use our trucks, because we know they won’t break.
smile.gif

In all seriousness if I was FORCED to buy a BRAND NEW TRUCK it would be a Tundra, and if I didn’t need to tow or a haul a Frontier or Tacoma.

I'm sure the "Ranch Country" of WESTERN PA, is awful hard on trucks. Soon as you move to a place your grocery store is 70 miles away or your kids ride a bus for 5 hours a day to go to school let me know. We drive what works, that has been a Ford.
I simply offered up the facts in my experiences with trucks, sorry you feel like you were anally violated. How many 22 year old trucks you have in the driveway with over a quarter of a million miles on them? Lets compare real life here. Mine is driven most everyday, oil changed every 8,000 miles, driven like I plan on keeping it. It ain't a show piece, looks good with an elk or a wild pig on the tailgate. It'll snatch up a 4 horse slant load "Hoss Trailer" and pack it down the road fast enough to get a ticket on NASCAR track, and is in need of a paint job.
I'll get up in the morning at 515 and go twist the key and the old girl will come to life. That is the truth, I don't need a trolled up youtube vid to show me anything, my "Ol Ford" will show me in the morning on the way to work, like it has done for over 2 decades.
Go sell stupid someplace else,

Originally Posted By: TxPigKillerI'm sure the "Ranch Country" of WESTERN PA, is awful hard on trucks. Soon as you move to a place your grocery store is 70 miles away or your kids ride a bus for 5 hours a day to go to school let me know. We drive what works, that has been a Ford.
I simply offered up the facts in my experiences with trucks, sorry you feel like you were anally violated. How many 22 year old trucks you have in the driveway with over a quarter of a million miles on them? Lets compare real life here. Mine is driven most everyday, oil changed every 8,000 miles, driven like I plan on keeping it. It ain't a show piece, looks good with an elk or a wild pig on the tailgate. It'll snatch up a 4 horse slant load "Hoss Trailer" and pack it down the road fast enough to get a ticket on NASCAR track, and is in need of a paint job.
I'll get up in the morning at 515 and go twist the key and the old girl will come to life. That is the truth, I don't need a trolled up youtube vid to show me anything, my "Ol Ford" will show me in the morning on the way to work, like it has done for over 2 decades.
Go sell stupid someplace else,

Butt hurt much? You toss insults around like a typical tiny-dick-Ford-owner.

I don't know if you've ever been here, but we don't need "ranches" to work trucks. We haul plenty of firewood to make up for the flat driving you do in Texas. Not to mention the majority of our roads are absolute garbage and we have enough salt on the roads in the winter to maintain the level in the Pacific Ocean.

You're comparing a 22 year old Ford to a new Ford. I think you need to realign your thought process on this thread. If you're driving an old 7.3l diesel it's not even the same truck as the garbage they're selling today. Let me see you put a million miles on a new Eco-boost without a motor or tranny swap.

Also, 250,000-300,000 miles are typical for most 5.3l motors. Ever look at the used Chevys? Probably not...to busy drooling over Fords.

Also, since you probably have no idea, I've seen plenty of western trucks come to Pennsylvania, only to last a couple years before parts of them are falling off while going down the road. So again, if you really want to put a vehicle to the test, move to the salt belt. You people out west have not a freaking clue what it's like to live here throughout countless winters. I've been in this area for 34 years, and I can tell you this much, Ford are the biggest piles of garbage on the road up here. They rust out quicker than a Toyota, because they thought it was a great idea to shove a sponge in the fender wells. Heck, we got 90's Jeeps that don't even look as bad as 5 year old Fords.

Just so you know, I love 7.3l Fords. There isn't a vehicle out there that can outlast a 7.3l...but that's an International design, not Ford. Finding any 7.3l truck here that doesn't look like Fred Flintstone's automobile is impossible.

I also like the early 90's Fords. They built some dang good trucks in the 80's and very early 90's. However, as soon as they redesigned the body and introduced the Triton motor, their trucks turned to garbage. At 80,000 miles guys are changing out clutch packs, doing major motor work because it decided to throw a spark plug from the block, repairing rusted out doors and fenders, etc. Heck, a buddy of mine who is a diehard Ford guy even blew his transfer case apart hauling a Mustang fox body on a trailer from Harrisburg to western PA! It was an FX4...

I'm not privy to Chevy, but I love busting other people's balls, because they're so whiny over their brands. I already said I'd never buy a new Chevy. So, you should know I'm not a GM guy, really. When talking about 22 year old, or older, vehicles I like plenty of brands.

At the end of the day though, Dodge and Ford still suck worse than anything built today.
smile.gif

Last edited:
OK, you win. Big dam deal. You still drive a truck made by taxpayers, and you answered none of those questions, so all you need is a demorat voter's card and you're good.
Enjoy, trolling another post

Originally Posted By: TxPigKillerOK, you win. Big dam deal. You still drive a truck made by taxpayers, and you answered none of those questions, so all you need is a demorat voter's card and you're good.
Enjoy, trolling another post

Answered what questions? Your 22 year old car question? Unless it’s sitting in a garage every winter there aren’t any 22 year old cars here.

I like blondes! Brunette is good and in certain situations a redhead can be downright sexy. Overall for day in day out driving, I chose a blonde.

I stopped buying Government Motors vehicles when GM and Obama raped the taxpayers. According to the Federal Government General Motors still owes the taxpayers more than 11 billion dollars.

The construction company I work for buys only Ford F150 with the Eco Boost motors. A combination of 3.5 and 2.7 I believe the majority are of 3.5 variety

They probbably buy three per year and replace the old trucks when the hit 160-180K miles.

Since 2011 I belive they have only had one truck that didn't make it to the 160K mile mark and thats because it was run low on oil.

I just picked up my new truck last week brand new 2019 have just over 1300 miles with no issues so far LOL

Back