Suppressor opinion/reccomendation needed.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: Kino MOriginally Posted By: RayDogOriginally Posted By: Kino MOriginally Posted By: RayDogThe Ultra 7 meters better than the MX7. I've done videos. That is why the MX offers less blowback on an AR platform , because it offers less suppression. You cant have the same amount of suppression at the muzzle and less blowback at the same time with equal volume.
4dB is noticeable unless your ears are pretty shot out. its not like turning up a stereo from 31 to 35.

There is no such thing as a "MX7" Ray there is however a Reaper MX (30 Cal.) and a Sentinel MX (22 Cal), which ones have you actually "tested"??

4db is quite a bit and I find that extremely hard to believe. I also take little stock in your "testing" because they are anything but actual milspec.

10 shot strings from a fixed position is a lot different than your 5 shots from different angles and positions from a bench with a roof structure....

So funny. made beer com e out my nose. This from the company that posts such BS numbers all the industry call things out then never anything to back the claims. There are posts on this forum with claims the Reaper MX was 10 dB better than an Ultra 7.
Here is a video that shows the claims are BS. A very simple unedited iPhone video.

If you think it not being a standard MILSPEC test makes those differences you don't know anything about sound testing cans. I on the other have a pretty decent rep in the industry for posting no BS videos. I even have other companies send me stuff to test especially after getting the PULSE system. Even B&K( the guys that make the sound meter) got with us to work with them for something coming. You guys are like liberals. Everything is someone else fault. I really do get a kick out of you. You guys sell a lot of cans for us. Just check them out side by side inside and out for overall quality. They may look the same to the uneducated but to those that know they are worlds apart.

Sorry to the OP I'll bow out. Do try to look at them side by side. There is a reason we have a 5 month backlog right now.

I guess your not following Ray, the OP was asking about 22cal cans and the Barricade, he stated nothing about 30cal suppressors yet you provide a link to your "testing" of two 30cal suppressors. It's not relevant at all to the OP. Anytime someone post something on SAS/TBA you do your best to take shots at them, yet the owner of SAS is not on the net bashing you guys and it's really old.

Ray, can you please provide the link to where Tim (SAS owner) claimed the "10db" better?? What suppressors are you even talking about??
I've seen you post this a lot but I've yet to actually see you provide anything to your claim. Again, please provide links quoting Tim, otherwise it's simply not true.

As for the "test" videos you do, they are far from milspec yet you actually call them milspec which simply isn't true. A simple Google search on milspec testing and parameters is pretty easy to find and see your clearly not conducting an actual milspec test. It's easy to manipulate numbers on the meter, intentionally or unintentionally the way you are doing it.

You bring up quality Ray as if SAS is inferior to yours yet they have never had a major recall on suppressors blowing up and injuring people, Thunderbeast has...

Back to the OP, I'm sorry if this has gotten a little off track but any of the cans you listed are great options (even TBA) and any of them will serve you well, happy hunting!!

Kino, this is a cut and and paste from a post you made back in Jan. 2016.

Re: New SAS MX line up. [Re: ExCavTanker]
Kino M Online
Die Hard Member

Loc: Southern Indiana
Originally Posted By: ExCavTanker
So what exactly did Tim change in the MX line over the previous cans?

New baffles, tube thicknesses on some, fluting on all the tubes for cosmetics and helps with gripping when taking on/off and some other things (internal) that are proprietary for now but will be copied for sure!

When you take the Reaper MX 7" and its now 10db quieter than the Ultra 7 and 3db quieter than the Ultra 9 you've done your homework! These changes have been implemented in the entire line as they have really been a game changer. The only thing that's really the same is the names for familiarity I.e. the Arbitor MX is still a .30cal 9" can and the Reaper MX is still a .30 cal 7" can even though they are brand new from end to end.

The only thing that stayed the same was it still uses the same TOMB mounts that SAS has had in service for over 15 years AND the price STAYED the SAME!

The whole thread can be found here.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...7771&page=1

Thanks B23, I'm glad you found that so it can be addressed, even though that post is three years old and made by me, not Tim from SAS so let's clear that up. Tim has never stated the "10db quieter" claim that Ray keeps spouting, period. Let's also be clear I don't speak for SAS or represent them currently in any capacity, if you want specific information talk to Tim.

That post was made when the MX series very first came out. It was in reference to the Reaper MX and NO other models because they hadn't been upgraded yet. It was not thoroughly tested and what I posted on decibel reduction was incorrect. Once the B&K 2209 was calibrated and the suppressors was tested the confirmed numbers was different. I made the statement, not Tim or SAS. I posted incorrect information that wasn't verified so I'll take the hit on it and stand corrected. If you want specific numbers, call SAS for the current information on exact models.
That post is 3 years old and the TBAC fans act like I state it daily!! Three years guys, let it go!!

I came here years ago and ask the same thing.
I found out that a Specwar 7,62 would fill my needs.
I uses mine from 22 rimfire to 308, bolt or AR.
I do not need an adjustable gas blocks for my AR's.
It is made of steel, people want lightweight cans.

Back