My wife shot pie.

weekender

We saw this deer two years ago as a cow horn spike. Last year we gave him the pass as a 7pt. This year as a 3.5 yr old 10pt he would have still got the pass if he had stayed "home", but as the rut come on for 2018, so did pie's urge to roam. He crossed a major road going away from his home range and into what we call "the lion's den" where the neighbors "brown is down" management plan is taken to the extreme. My wife decided to try for him and it wasn't easy. He went mostly nocturnal on our cameras. We have lots of pics of this deer scattered among 7 different cameras over 1.5 miles. Yesterday at noon, I checked a camera that showed he had stayed out past daylight in a familiar place. We had a small brush blind built there and we went together. I was the supposed to be camera man, she was the shooter. She did her part but the camera let me down (my story). No video this time.

Video when he was 2.5

The extra white of his piebald condition is pretty even on both sides.

bb0tbDR.jpg

9PIdfyj.jpg

Slightly disappointed in the performance of the Barnes TTSX bullet. The deer was shot in the front shoulder slight quarter to and the bullet was found just under the hide on the rear of the opposite ham. While it passed the full length of the deer's body and took out everything, it did shed all it's petal. Deer went 75 yds running dead.

Wj7lOWJ.jpg

HOMAnimated-S.gif

Originally Posted By: GCWhat an unusual and beautiful buck! Do you have any special plans for it?

We are having the whole hide tanned for a rug type display.

Glad you plan to preserve that special buck. Congratulations Ms. weekender!

Have only seen one doe I considered piebald in over 65 years of hunting. Did watch these two bucks several years, which obviously share some of the same genes, but don't consider them to be piebold??

34859674834_53eb6e76a1_z.jpg

44376769410_9cbeb27ff0_z.jpg

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: weekenderOriginally Posted By: GCWhat an unusual and beautiful buck! Do you have any special plans for it?

We are having the whole hide tanned for a rug type display.

That's bad azz. The white is far enough forward it would also make a half body mount. Have you seen others with that genetic?

That's bad azz. The white is far enough forward it would also make a half body mount. Have you seen others with that genetic? [/quote]

We see them occasionally here in NC. I have seen 3 in 51 years deer hunting. The others were doe.

That's a great deer and the color is simply outstanding. Tell her congratulations, I'd be thrilled to see something like that.

Back